Alternate uniforms in sports you like/don't like

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
Sometimes, teams in sports go beyond the traditional road and home jerseys.

They have the so-called 'third jersey' or even more.

For instance, the Red Sox have their 'alternate red' uniform:

dicek.jpg

Can you recall other types of alternate unis you liked or didn't like?

The Browns tried to unveil a new alternate uni on the second preseason game this year against the Giants. The only modification consisted of solid brown pants with no stripe down the side and white socks. They looked absolutely awful. The next day on the teams official website, the Browns had a poll questioning whether or not fans liked the new uniforms. Needless to say, the fans did not approve and we won't be seeing those again any time soon.

Since we debuted the solid brown pants, the Browns were blown out by the Giants in preseason, haven't won a game since and have been riddled with MANY key injuries. If this streak goes on, Cleveland fans can claim they were jinxed by the "Curse of the Poopy Pants"! :D

15090.a.jpg

Like: I actually like the Indians alternate jerseys this year. The majority of fans I talk to though, don't. These jersey's are a throwback to the 1900's-1920's jerseys. Off white, block letters and a block "C" on the cap. I've been wanting to get a Sizemore version of this jersey for a while now.....

sabathia.jpg

2546954046_44672bf2a3_b.jpg

Dislike:
I absolutely despised the sleeveless alternate jersey from a few years ago. Thank God these things are a thing of the past....

a_sleeveless_vt.jpg

I don't like the Patriots 3rd jersey. It looks like a dirty white jersey.

41-41491-P.jpg

Do like the throwbacks that they will be wearing next year.

ImgDyn.cfm

Do like the Celtics 3rd jersey

51bilW92IiL._AA280_.jpg

Don't care for the Red Sunday Sox jerseys, But I do like the spring training St. Pats jerseys

d6uHDX9E.jpg

two words: cubbie blue

Like their blue jersey much more than white pinstripes.

Also like the Detroit Lions black with silver trim altermates. Very sharp jersey, just not a sharp team.

I'm not a fan of Tennessee's all orange unis. I like the white pants much better.

op59-7500.jpg

I feel the same as you on the all orange uniforms. But my favorite was the uniforms they wore on the first game of the season several years ago. I don't remember the year and I can't find a picture, but they were orange, white and had a lot of black, which I've never seen before with their uniforms. And unfortunatley I have not seen them since.

Like: The NY Rangers 3rd jersey with the Statue of Liberty.

Hate: The Twins "Dairy Queen Red" 3rd jersey.

REALLY HATE: The UConn Women's SILVER 3rd jersey!

I don't like the Patriots 3rd jersey. It looks like a dirty white jersey.

41-41491-P.jpg

Do like the throwbacks that they will be wearing next year.

ImgDyn.cfm

Do like the Celtics 3rd jersey

51bilW92IiL._AA280_.jpg

Don't care for the Red Sunday Sox jerseys, But I do like the spring training St. Pats jerseys

d6uHDX9E.jpg

Agreed with everything you said (In fact, your descripion of the Pats alternate jersey is EXACTLY how I've described it).

As far as the Celtics alternates go, I do like the one with the gold numerals, BUT love the one with the black numerals.
AltUni01_160.jpg

Last edited:
Here's the Bruins NEW alternate jersey. I give it a thumbs up. I certainly like it better than that ugly gold one they had a few years ago:

Agreed - that's nice!

Hancox,

I wish your Huskies would go back to their old uniforms (the Huskies are my adopted team because I love local guy Jim Calhoun). I loved UConn's uniforms when they won their National Championships.

The Browns tried to unveil a new alternate uni on the second preseason game this year against the Giants. The only modification consisted of solid brown pants with no stripe down the side and white socks. They looked absolutely awful. The next day on the teams official website, the Browns had a poll questioning whether or not fans liked the new uniforms. Needless to say, the fans did not approve and we won't be seeing those again any time soon.

Since we debuted the solid brown pants, the Browns were blown out by the Giants in preseason, haven't won a game since and have been riddled with MANY key injuries. If this streak goes on, Cleveland fans can claim they were jinxed by the "Curse of the Poopy Pants"! :D

15090.a.jpg

IMO, those pants would have been ok if they had an orange stripe going down the side.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)