Status
Please reply by conversation.

Claude Greiner

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Detroit - The Paris of the Midwest
There is another thread about connecting 2 SWM 16 switches using 2 decca adaptors.

I have gone through about 6 of these decca adaptors over the years and wanted to know if there was any 3rd party device that would do the job.

I'm thinking any moca adaptor, or even the Internet connection kit for that hopper system from dish would work ?

I'm just getting tired of replacing these things

My understanding is that each type of MoCA adapter uses its own frequencies. They are all in the same band but they will not communicate with each other.

Correct, the DirecTV DECAs use a different frequency range from standard MOCA because as I understand it standard MOCA frequencies overlap frequencies used by DirecTV.

I've been using Deca since the beginning and still use it today even though I dropped DirecTV years ago. Never had any of them fail. Maybe something else is going on in your system that's causing them to fail prematurely (wiring problem, bad SWM power supply, bad router, etc.).

I hope you're aware that these things are only about $6 on ebay, a far cry from the cost of Moca hardware.

or you can call D* and get them free. if you have the protection plan they may even send a Currier lol

edit: i would say make sure they are plugged into a surge protector. since they are (likely) by your router i assume they are, but just in case they aren't

or you can call D* and get them free. if you have the protection plan they may even send a Currier lol

edit: i would say make sure they are plugged into a surge protector. since they are (likely) by your router i assume they are, but just in case they aren't

They cost me $10 each to replace. Not worth my time to calm directv.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Channel 701

"Moving" after Moving

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts