Please reply by conversation.

larry55

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jan 15, 2009
dothan al
Talk to D tech this week and he told me you won't be able to get a am tuner any longer . I check with solid signal am 21 not avalible .

So what their plan for customers that need to an OTA Tuner for their locals -- go screw guys?
Thats the same question that was asked when they took the cards out of the recvrs in the first place, they figured that they were able to get thier locals from the Sat. then shortly afterwards, they came out with the AM21s ...
If this is the case, it will be interesting to see what happens ... will they be bringing out a NEW one maybe ?
One that scans maybe ?

Check with Amazon none avalible . Hope my last awhile.

Thats the same question that was asked when they took the cards out of the recvrs in the first place, they figured that they were able to get thier locals from the Sat. then shortly afterwards, they came out with the AM21s ...
If this is the case, it will be interesting to see what happens ... will they be bringing out a NEW one maybe ?
One that scans maybe ?
I'm not very impress with any of their new improve versions. The HR44 is great, but I hate the client equipment it is tag with.

I'm not very impress with any of their new improve versions. The HR44 is great, but I hate the client equipment it is tag with.
At this point, I refuse to use a client in my set ups (personal), as I prefer to have the extra tuners of the stand alones.
Unless its in a room that really doesn't get used.

I call solid signal Monday and they have any at the present time hope to get some in later this week. At 149.00 the am 21 will not be selling fast.

My warehouse has had 47 of these for the last year and a half... we have antennas too... the actual trick is getting a tech with enough tenure to know what the product actually is. We might install 1 a year, if that... and I have seen upgrades where they drop ship the 21 and we go out to setup the antenna. Then the techs have a heart attack since there are 3/102 techs in the office left that have ever installed one. Plus the range on our antennas suck. I actually refer customers to solid signal most of the time. Our DMA is just too big for the 20mile antennas.

My warehouse has had 47 of these for the last year and a half... we have antennas too... the actual trick is getting a tech with enough tenure to know what the product actually is. We might install 1 a year, if that... and I have seen upgrades where they drop ship the 21 and we go out to setup the antenna. Then the techs have a heart attack since there are 3/102 techs in the office left that have ever installed one. Plus the range on our antennas suck. I actually refer customers to solid signal most of the time. Our DMA is just too big for the 20mile antennas.

How much does Directv charge for ota install?

That is because most of the time the AM21 was an add on feature that the individual normally would buy. Not always, but I think more often than not.

That is because most of the time the AM21 was an add on feature that the individual normally would buy. Not always, but I think more often than not.
True but there was a time they tried to push it in certain dmas that did not carry all local channels. I still never got my local ion... I have the national feed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)