Am I being charged 3 times for the ST package?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Looks like there are 3 separate charges

1 for the ticket its self
1 for Superfan
1 for Superfan in HD.

If this is true, Im dropping the NFL suday ticket and the NFL can walk! :rant:
I would be on an offical NFL strike.

Hhere is what's on my bill

05/28/2009 XXXXXXXX6408 NFL SUNDAY TICKET SF 09 HD - Charge $0.00

05/28/2009 XXXXXXXX6408 NFL SUNDAY TICKET SuperFan 09 - Charge $0.00
05/25/2009 XXXXXXXX6408 NFL SUNDAY TICKET 2009 - Charge $0.00

Don't worry mine looked the same as yours back in 2007 when I had NFL ST and Superfan. I didn't get charged 3 times. This is just how they do it for some reason.

Don't worry mine looked the same as yours back in 2007 when I had NFL ST and Superfan. I didn't get charged 3 times. This is just how they do it for some reason.

This must be the authorization for the access cards on the account. Maybe they are authorizing 3 diffrent teirs for nflst?

Alot of peoples bills look screwy while it still is not charging....once u hit the month they start actually charging $$ it should then look correct.

I suspect DirecTV sets it up this way so they can charge when the season comes around again. It's a way for them to keep track of who has NFLST. Also, a way for the subscriber to see it as well.

05/28/2009 XXXXXXXX6408 NFL SUNDAY TICKET SF 09 HD - Charge $0.00

05/28/2009 XXXXXXXX6408 NFL SUNDAY TICKET SuperFan 09 - Charge $0.00
05/25/2009 XXXXXXXX6408 NFL SUNDAY TICKET 2009 - Charge $0.00

I'm praying that it DOES look like this ....

It looks from what goaliebob has posted here, that there may be some hope for those that want HD only broken off from the rest of the SF stuff ... ???

There is a SF HD charge separate from the SF charge now :up

Is that what you guys see of is it just wishful thinking ?

Looks like the only way to get HD again this year is to get the SF package too. Here is an excerpt of an email that I just rec'd from DTV:

Please take note that the NFL SUNDAY TICKET games in HD are included in the NFL SUNDAY TICKET SuperFan package. In order to purchase the SuperFan package, you must first subscribe to the NFL SUNDAY TICKET package.

The optional SuperFan subscription includes up to 12 NFL games in HD each week as well as exciting new channels available only to SuperFan subscribers. (Actual number of games varies by market due to blackouts and other conditions. Games broadcast by your local FOX or CBS affiliate will not be available in the channel 704-1 to 718-1 range. Please visit our web site at directv.com/nfl and click on "SUNDAY TICKET SUPERFAN" for more information.

All recurring sports packages show up like this with $0 a few months before the season starts and they do the actual billing. It's like a "heads-up" that you will be billed.

What you show means you will be charged for 3 different things:
-NFL Sunday Ticket
-Superfan add-on
-Superfan HD option

whether each item will be a real charge, or possibley an HD freebie, remains to be seen. In the past you had to pay for everything I believe but with more things going HD everyday, who knows if that will last.

You'll always see an HD listing, it will not bill extra since you bought superfan. The reason is that some customers may buy superfan that don't have HD (redzone/mix). That is just the line entry that authorizes the HD channels, not a seperate bill item.

All recurring sports packages show up like this with $0 a few months before the season starts and they do the actual billing. It's like a "heads-up" that you will be billed.

What you show means you will be charged for 3 different things:
-NFL Sunday Ticket
-Superfan add-on
-Superfan HD option

whether each item will be a real charge, or possibley an HD freebie, remains to be seen. In the past you had to pay for everything I believe but with more things going HD everyday, who knows if that will last.
Please enlighten me. I bought NFL ST last year but am not planning to buy this year. I have NOT told D* this. Will they automatically bill me if I do not cancel? Thanks:cool:

I cant believe this company has thought up 2 additional was to soak customers who sub to ST. Well yes I can. I remember when we were upset that they wanted to charge an additional fee for ST in HD by creating superfan. Those were the days.

I cant believe this company has thought up 2 additional was to soak customers who sub to ST. Well yes I can. I remember when we were upset that they wanted to charge an additional fee for ST in HD by creating superfan. Those were the days.

I remember that too. That's when I dropped ST. They gave us the HD games free one year and then started charging. Much like a drug dealer would do to get people hooked. There was a huge stink at AVSForum about this.

Please enlighten me. I bought NFL ST last year but am not planning to buy this year. I have NOT told D* this. Will they automatically bill me if I do not cancel? Thanks:cool:

Yes, yes, yes!!!

It took me 3 calls to get them to remove it from my account. It kept showing up on my paper bill and showed online in my package. They auto-recur. If you do not want it, you need to call as soon as you see the place-holder charge on your bill.

Also check channel 107. That's the NFLST order channel. If it says the receiver is authorized/already purchased NFLST, you will be billed. If you have not bought it or have removed it from your account, it will give you a message about how to buy it. Check it every day or so and see if the authorization comes back. If so, you will need to call again. PITA.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)