Would My HR21 Work With A Dish Network Satellite Dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JayPSU

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 22, 2006
Westerville, Ohio
My wife and I are going to be staying at our in-law's Summer home in the UP of Michigan for the week next week and I was wondering if I brought our receiver if it might work on their Dish Netwok satellite dish by simply plugging in the coax cable. I would think it could just pick up the channels on the satellites where they both have channels, the 110 and 119, but I also think it's possible that the signal might be different from a Dish LNB, so I just wanted to see. Thanks!

My wife and I are going to be staying at our in-law's Summer home in the UP of Michigan for the week next week and I was wondering if I brought our receiver if it might work on their Dish Netwok satellite dish by simply plugging in the coax cable. I would think it could just pick up the channels on the satellites where they both have channels, the 110 and 119, but I also think it's possible that the signal might be different from a Dish LNB, so I just wanted to see. Thanks!

No.

Different dish reflectors point differently.
LNB's are different ....

If you really want to do it, and your going to take the rec. with you, why not pick up a tripod and an separate dish (you can find dishes all over the place).

It can be done, just not with the same Dish equipment ...

And probably not worth doing unless your vacation plans include learning how to install Ka/Ku satellite dishes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)