Am I better off using "Native"?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ONUOsFan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
Fishers, IN
I have a 1080p DLP, and I'm wondering if anyone has opinions on whether it's better to use Native or not.

I've tried forcing 1080i on everything and using Native and it's hard to tell if there's much of a difference either way.

Just looking for opinions... I know there's probably not a definitive answer.

Personal preference really although you will see people say you must use native, you must use the other, etc, etc, etc...

Personally I can't stand the second or two it takes for my TV to switch resolutions so I just leave everything at 1080i even though my TV is 720p native. I can't tell any difference between the two at all.

Same here, I couldn't stand waiting while the TV switched between the different resolutions. I just keep mine at 1080i. I can't tell much of a difference.

I don't like the stretch on the HR20 for SD stuff....my TV does the progressive stretch which I prefer and that only works when I let the receiver go to native.

Personally I can't stand the second or two it takes for my TV to switch resolutions so I just leave everything at 1080i even though my TV is 720p native. I can't tell any difference between the two at all.

Ditto.......I also hate stretched squashed pictures. My buddy watches SD like that at his place and it drive me crazy. I think it's because he is short and fat so it's his way of brining everyone into his world.

Ditto.......I also hate stretched squashed pictures. My buddy watches SD like that at his place and it drive me crazy. I think it's because he is short and fat so it's his way of brining everyone into his world.

Ha! Some of us are paranoid plasma owners that want to see all our screen real estate filled up so it burns evenly. I love plasma but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Status
Please reply by conversation.