after 25 years I am gonna cancel Dtv.

pinkcookies26

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 11, 2006
This feels very weird and taboo but after 25 years of Dtv I am ready to move on. I first subscribed for the Sunday Ticket in 1998 and held on continuously for that reason alone, even in my apartment days with my dish on a pole stuck in a 5 gallon bucket of concrete that i would run outside every Sunday. I bought the Ticket on Youtube this year but still held on to Dtv as well. Half the year I travel for work and am in a camper or Air BnB with a TMobile 5G Hotspot modem and its worked out well. Going with Youtube, Stream is more expensive and I get everything I need with Youtube TV plus the Ticket, even though my Steelers are not worth $275 a year right now LOL! Only drawback I can see is there really is no channel listing with channel numbers but it figures out your favorites and has endless dvr space. Anyone else done this since they lost the Ticket or know of people doing it? I think I am set on this though for some reason I'm kinda sad about it, LOL, like moving on from an old friend or something. Plan to call in later today.

I had DTV satellite since 1996, switched over to DTV stream 2 years ago this month. Love DTV but the fees on satellite made me change.
Would love you tube tv for the price. But don’t like that can’t channel surf channel to channel. And not having channel numbers like on stream.

Reactions: I WANT MORE
I had DTV satellite since 1996, switched over to DTV stream 2 years ago this month. Love DTV but the fees on satellite made me change.
Would love you tube tv for the price. But don’t like that can’t channel surf channel to channel. And not having channel numbers like on stream.
I think that is or was a concern with most that left.

However within a matter of a few days it became a non issue for me at least. I just set up the channels I flip to most at the top of the guide , and also it is very good at giving you channels that you will likely watch in a tab style on one of the pages.

However within a matter of a few days it became a non issue for me at least. I just set up the channels I flip to most at the top of the guide , and also it is very good at giving you channels that you will likely watch in a tab style on one of the pages.
That's pretty much been my experience, too.

Reactions: dishdude

As I pointed out before, my wife was very tech-phobic, took her 2 weeks, helped that the name of the Networks were in the guide.

If the names were not there, total disaster then.

Reactions: dishdude
We just came from YTTV a little over a month ago. We much prefer everything about DTVS except the price, of course. But, at this stage in life money isn’t everything. While I like watching football, there is no way I would pay for Sunday ticket. Lots of complaints on the YTTV subreddit about terrible pic quality and streaming problems. The best feature it had for us was the separate profiles. My wife could set up her channels and recordings and I had mine. Was a nice feature. The pic quality and UI is so much better on DTVS. I envision the two as YTTV being a clunky new kid on the block and DTVS as being the polished pro. Probably not a great analogy but it’s how I feel about both services.

I went to DIRECTV stream and in the first two weeks used over 800GB of data. To the OP, I don’t know any wireless prov that will give that much data. I m using StarLink which is great but they do have 1TB cap before potential service degradation
I am a fulltime RV’er and was looking for a service that I could use when stationary and in transit. I talked to very knowledgeable a DIRECTV representative and she explained that the satellite service includes DIRECTV stream. While on the phone I loaded the DRV app and signed with my satellite account credentials. So my situation is resolved.

• Wow
Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016