Am I getting a good deal??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

molo316

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 13, 2008
I have dish thru att. I have an hd DVR, and one other dual reciever. I have top 250 and all the hd channels except the premium ones. I have been getting showtime free too. The bill has now gone up to 100 bucks a month. I just need to know if this is good, or do I need to call and complain?

I have dish thru att. I have an hd DVR, and one other dual reciever. I have top 250 and all the hd channels except the premium ones. I have been getting showtime free too. The bill has now gone up to 100 bucks a month. I just need to know if this is good, or do I need to call and complain?

DDA Classic Gold 250 $68
Gold HD 10
Platinum HD 10
Subtotal $88 This includes locals and 1 HD DVR

You didn't say how many receivers you had or what type. If you have a second HD DVR then add another $12.

You can save by dropping the Platinum HD which is fairly worthless imo, dropping to a lower package like Classic Bronze, or just dropping to an all-HD Turbo package.

the other receiver is not a dvr. So maybe I am getting charged for Showtime? It is not on the bill.

this is how it's billed

2 -01 01-28 PROGRAMMING 3.00 CR
1pixel.gif
1pixel.gif
FROM 01/28/2009
1pixel.gif
1pixel.gif

DISHDVR ADVANTAGE CREDIT
1pixel.gif
2 -02 02-03 PROGRAMMING 5.00 CR
1pixel.gif
1pixel.gif

FROM 02/03/2009
1pixel.gif
1pixel.gif
BUNDLE DISCOUNT
1pixel.gif
2 -03 02-03 PROGRAMMING 5.00
1pixel.gif
1pixel.gif

FROM 02/10/2009 TO 03/09/2009
1pixel.gif
1pixel.gif
DUO RECEIVER
1pixel.gif
2 -04 02-03 STATE/LOCAL TAXES 5.74
1pixel.gif

FROM 02/03/2009
1pixel.gif
1pixel.gif
2150360619917/497
1pixel.gif

2 -05 02-03 PROGRAMMING 40.00
1pixel.gif
1pixel.gif
1pixel.gif
1pixel.gif
4 PREMIUM PACKAGE
1pixel.gif

2 -06 02-03 PROGRAMMING 57.99
1pixel.gif
1pixel.gif

1pixel.gif
1pixel.gif
DISHDVR ADVANTAGE CLASSIC SILVER 200
1pixel.gif
1pixel.gif
- YOU SAVED $0.98!
1pixel.gif
1pixel.gif

Total Miscellaneous Charges and Credits 100.73
1pixel.gif
1pixel.gif
1pixel.gif
1pixel.gif
Total AT&T | DISH Network 100.73

2 -01 01-28 PROGRAMMING 3.00 CR
1pixel.gif
1pixel.gif
FROM 01/28/2009
1pixel.gif
1pixel.gif

DISHDVR ADVANTAGE CREDIT
1pixel.gif
2 -02 02-03 PROGRAMMING 5.00 CR
1pixel.gif
1pixel.gif
FROM 02/03/2009
1pixel.gif
1pixel.gif
BUNDLE DISCOUNT
1pixel.gif
2 -03 02-03 PROGRAMMING 5.00
1pixel.gif
1pixel.gif
1pixel.gif
1pixel.gif

DUO RECEIVER
1pixel.gif
2 -04 02-03 STATE/LOCAL TAXES 5.74
1pixel.gif
1pixel.gif

FROM 02/03/2009
1pixel.gif
1pixel.gif
72150360619917/497
1pixel.gif
2 -05 02-03 PROGRAMMING 40.00
1pixel.gif
1pixel.gif
1pixel.gif
1pixel.gif
4 PREMIUM PACKAGE
1pixel.gif
2 -06 02-03 PROGRAMMING 57.99
1pixel.gif
1pixel.gif

1pixel.gif
1pixel.gif
DISHDVR ADVANTAGE CLASSIC SILVER 200
1pixel.gif
1pixel.gif
- YOU SAVED $0.98!
1pixel.gif

1pixel.gif
Total Miscellaneous Charges and Credits 100.73
1pixel.gif
1pixel.gif
1pixel.gif
1pixel.gif
Total AT&T | DISH Network 100.73

i dont want to lose showtime

DDA Classic Silver......$58
Classic Gold add-on......10 (1 premium)
Gold HD..................10 (1 premium)
Platinum HD..............10 (1 premium)

4th Premium Showtime???..10
DDA discount.............-3
Tax.......................6
Total..................$101

There's a 4th premium you're being charged. I guess it's for a movie premium but you'll have to call and verify what it's for or check your online account for programming.

ok, I will not tell the wife about that! (showtime) I would get rid of platinum if I can get nba tv sd??
Eveytime I call att they push u-verse on me.
Is att uverse any good?

Last edited:
That's how much I pay. But I have SD. I also have HBO and the Superstations. Three single tuners.
If this is your Dish bill only it's a pretty good deal. If this is your bundle price, it is a VERY good deal

I get about the same as you, except I have HBO instead of Showtime and pay the same per month. Now I want to add a second HD DVR to replace my old 508. When I called to inquire about what the new cost would be E* wants me to pay $100 for a 612, and increase my bill $12 per month. :eek:

Luckily I have FIOS in my house already for Internet so now may be the time to switch over to all FIOS. The last time I talked to them it was going to be $110+/- a month for Internet and two HD DVRS. Does anyone have any experience with VZ's DVR's? That has been the only thing keeping me with Dish is that I love the 622 and the external HD option.

I get about the same as you, except I have HBO instead of Showtime and pay the same per month. Now I want to add a second HD DVR to replace my old 508. When I called to inquire about what the new cost would be E* wants me to pay $100 for a 612, and increase my bill $12 per month. :eek:

Luckily I have FIOS in my house already for Internet so now may be the time to switch over to all FIOS. The last time I talked to them it was going to be $110+/- a month for Internet and two HD DVRS. Does anyone have any experience with VZ's DVR's? That has been the only thing keeping me with Dish is that I love the 622 and the external HD option.

That about the correct price for Fios with two DVRs. They are giving the first DVR free for 6 months, so i-net and all SD-HD TV excluding premiums is $80 for the first 6 months. You won't find many people arguing the Fios DVRs being better than the E* DVRs.

What concerns me a a tech that Dish Network's obsession with fees is going to drive away customers that have other choices. $12 extra for a DVR is IMO excessive.
Fees are the reason why I have not gone HD
And probably never will.
I define "fee" as a buzzword for "we will find any means fair and unfair to empty your pocket"
It's ridiculous to see $24 per month in fees just to have two HD DVR's on an account.
For me and I would imagine other budget conscious consumers the justification is not there.
My area's incumbent telco is Windstream. To my knowledge this stone kives and bearskins technology company has no plans to venture into the Fiber world. So it's satellite or cable.
If I could get U verse or Fios I would end my 11 year relationship with Dish immediately

I think I will stay with dish for now. u verse would cost me 79 for u300, 10 for hd, 14 for the recievers. Does anyone know about nba tv sd? That way I could drop platinum

I know right now ch402 sd is not available to me. I do have the HD feed. I thought I had that package, I get most of the college basketball games out of market.

What concerns me a a tech that Dish Network's obsession with fees is going to drive away customers that have other choices. $12 extra for a DVR is IMO excessive.
Fees are the reason why I have not gone HD
And probably never will.
I define "fee" as a buzzword for "we will find any means fair and unfair to empty your pocket"
It's ridiculous to see $24 per month in fees just to have two HD DVR's on an account.
For me and I would imagine other budget conscious consumers the justification is not there.
My area's incumbent telco is Windstream. To my knowledge this stone kives and bearskins technology company has no plans to venture into the Fiber world. So it's satellite or cable.
If I could get U verse or Fios I would end my 11 year relationship with Dish immediately

Check out the monthly "fee" for the HD-dvr from fios, it's higher than the 622 or 722, counting Charlie's dvr fee:D I'm not defending Dishs' "nickel & dime stuff" way of charging, it's a sneaky way of watching your bill creep up. But c'mon, what really matters is what you're paying total, bottom line. That away you can compare apples & apples. Look at your phone (or cell) bill; you have to look at what the final total is before making a judgement. Seems like these service providers just get to the total a different way and they all seem to have "mystery" fees. I think any business advertising should include ALL the fees in the same type size (and font) as the big teaser monthly rates. Truth in advertising:)
Regarding Fios, I would probably give it a try when it gets to my area (possibly late 2009/ early 2010) simply because it should be a better picture with less compression than Dish; and that's one of the main reasons for watching hd tv:cool: From what I've read the Fios dvr is not nearly as good as the 622/722, do some searching on this site and see what others are saying.

Check out the monthly "fee" for the HD-dvr from fios, it's higher than the 622 or 722, counting Charlie's dvr fee:D I'm not defending Dishs' "nickel & dime stuff" way of charging, it's a sneaky way of watching your bill creep up. But c'mon, what really matters is what you're paying total, bottom line. That away you can compare apples & apples. Look at your phone (or cell) bill; you have to look at what the final total is before making a judgement. Seems like these service providers just get to the total a different way and they all seem to have "mystery" fees. I think any business advertising should include ALL the fees in the same type size (and font) as the big teaser monthly rates. Truth in advertising:)
Regarding Fios, I would probably give it a try when it gets to my area (possibly late 2009/ early 2010) simply because it should be a better picture with less compression than Dish; and that's one of the main reasons for watching hd tv:cool: From what I've read the Fios dvr is not nearly as good as the 622/722, do some searching on this site and see what others are saying.

I'm planning on going to a VZ store tomorrow and look at the DVR and get a quoted price from them. From what I figured by their literature I should be saving close to $30 a month at least by bundling HD and Internet.

Updated:

I just signed up for Fios after talking with dish and not getting any better offers. VZ will end up being close to $40 a month difference for the same channels. With that difference I guess I will learn to live with their DVR's or go out and buy a HD Tivo. Install is set for Monday. After their trucks leave I will call E* to cancel.

Thanks for all the info you guys have given me over the years on here about E*. I will miss trolling this site for the latest news.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)