SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 21, 2005
My bill for Dish through Embarq

DISH NETWORK DVR SERVICEFEE $5.98
LEASED RECEIVER FEE $7.00
DISHHD ABSOLUTE WITH LOCALS $34.99
Total Charges $47.97

I wonder why I'm charged DVR and Lease fee as I paid $175 for the 622 when I got it two years ago.

Looks like online that new customer can get:

TurboHD Silver $30.39
Tampa-St. Petersburg, FL local channels $5.00
DISH Network DVR Service Fee $4.60

Monthly Total Price $39.99

Do you think I can get them to take the DVR and lease fee off?

You only have the one receiver? You could get the America's Everything Pack, or DVR Advantage in order to get rid of the DVR fee but they will not take off that lease fee.

As far as I know the first receiver shouldn't be charged a lease fee at all.

Unless something changed recently, I'm not charged a lease fee or a DVR fee on my 722 because I have DVRA. I am charged for my 2 211s though.

When they charge for the 211 is that listed as a "lease fee" or an additional receiver?

Leased Receiver Fee is what my 2 211s says.

I have DVRA with HBO/Starz/Top250/DishHDPlatinum and 2 211s as well as a 722.

Basically it says -

DishDVR Advantage. You Saved $5.98! 49.99
Leased Receiver Fee 7.00
Leased Receiver Fee 7.00
dishHD with 3 Premium Package 50.00

1YR Cinemax Penny Offer 0.01

You might ask about the DVR Advantage deal. I don't deal with sales so I don't know what's involved in that, but I think it involves bundling the DVR fee with a certain level of programming for one lower price.

DVRAdvantage is Top200, Locals and the first DVR fee bundled together. If you want Top250 you pay 10$ more a month, similar to a premium package. You basically waive the DVR fee, the first box should also be waived of lease fee regardless of what plan you have.

Total Charges $47.97

I wonder why I'm charged DVR and Lease fee as I paid $175 for the 622 when I got it two years ago.

Looks like online that new customer can get:

TurboHD Silver $30.39
Tampa-St. Petersburg, FL local channels $5.00
DISH Network DVR Service Fee $4.60

Monthly Total Price $39.99

Do you think I can get them to take the DVR and lease fee off?

It looks like you have the other standalone HD package they offered before coming out with TurboHD in August. That packaging did not include DVR fees like the DVR Advantage does.

How many receivers do you have total? If you would like for me to look at the account and make sure you're being billed correctly just send me an email at Embarq_Joey@embarq.com. You can follow me on twitter at Twitter / Embarq_Joey to verify my identity. Thanks.

Joey H.
Embarq Reach Out
reachout@embarq.com

Total Charges $47.97

I wonder why I'm charged DVR and Lease fee as I paid $175 for the 622 when I got it two years ago....
I have a single ViP 622 and my bill for DishHD Absolute w/ Locals is $40.97 + tax. It does NOT include a "leased receiver fee".

FWIW I switched from AT100 + Locals + HD at the inception of DishHD Absolute package (then called just DishHD) soon after my initial 18 mo. contract expired.

Talon Dancer

They get me for the leased receiver fee because I have a 508 on my account that I own and they have it as the primary receiver on my account. I currently lease two HD receivers, so if what TalonDancer says is true (and I am sure it is), I can save $7.00 a month if I take that 508 off my account. I may need to rethink this...

You can also call and change which receiver is the primary. I've done that to eliminate one fee. Then with the 508 you should just pay the additional outlet fee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts