Am I ? on Amazonas 1/2

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tonydix

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 22, 2007
Bocas del Toro, Panama
Need some help again from you guys who can see 61 degrees west.
My Coolsat 6000 locks many scrambled channels but it also finds 5 channels ITC.
One of these is Claro TV Chile. Its at 12091 H 29999.
Am I on Amazonas ?
Many thanks
Tony

SATHINT.com shows a 12092v tp, and 30000 SR with chilevision channel...however no channels are listed in the clear. All are conax encryption.

hxxp://www.sathint.com/amazonas

Am I on Amazonas ?
Many thanks
Tony

Tony,

Can you manually enter TP 11810 HOR sr 27500? That TP has three channels that you can identify, Amazonas Promo, Coptic TV and TV-Polmusic.
It is DVB-S/QPSK. I don't know the FEC, I just have it set to AUTO. This should ID that you are on Amazonas 1 / 2.

RADAR

Am I on Amazonas ?
Many thanks
Tony

I have Amazonas 2 locked, (with a 90 cmts dish) I just checked but the only active tp and channels (either in the clear or encrypted) are on tp 11810: Amazonas 2, Coptic tv and polsmusik, since you are in Panama and you have tp 12090, you have locked Amazonas 1, Up here I would need a 2.40 mts (8 footer) dish to get Amazonas 1.

Thanks guys I get no quality at all on TP 11810 HOR sr 27500.
I guess this means I am not on Amazonas. I will do some more tweaking and let you know
Thanks for the help
Tony

Why do you think you're not on Amazonas? We KNOW that the transponders with Claro channels don't beam to the north; maybe the one with Coptic TV and Polmusic doesn't beam south. I can't find a map for the beam, but the entry on Lyngsat does say North America.

OK guys I am now convinced. I have found Telepacifico and Canal Capital, Utilisima etc all are mentioned on Amazonas @ 61.0° West Frequencies.
It is very difficult to pick up since for me it is so close to Sky Mexico on Intelsat 9/16 at 58.0°W
Anyway thanks very much for all the input.
Once again I have learned something.
Thanks
Tony

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)