Am i reading my bill correct?

DishDave

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 16, 2003
I have a 508 and a 942 leased. Should i be paying for this many receiver fees?

DISH NETWORK DVR SERVICEFEE 4.98
ADDL RECEIVER ACCESS FEE 4.99

davemanfl said:
I have a 508 and a 942 leased. Should i be paying for this many receiver fees?

DISH NETWORK DVR SERVICEFEE 4.98

They are charging you for 1 too many additional receiver fee. The 508 does not have the VOD(DVR) fee and only has 1 tuner. The 942 counts as 2 tuners and does have the VOD fee. So you have 3 tuners and should only get charged for the amount of tuners over 2. Get on the phone and have them correct your bill.

Edit:
Looks like we posted at the same time. so let me revise my post.

Couple questions....

It looks like you don't have AEP (everything pack) so that explains the DVR fee (which is for the 942 BTW, the 508 has no dvr fee)

As for the receiver fees, maybe you have the 942 as the primary and are paying a lease fee and the other receiver fee is for the 508. I however do not lease any of my receivers so I don't know how they list them, I would expect to see something with the word lease in there though. Someone here will surely know.

I am assuming you have the 942 plugged into a phone line.

REVISION:

Is there a line about lease fee on your bill? If not, that second Additional receiver fee is the lease fee. If there is a line about a lease, and you have your phone line plugged into the 942 and made sure it has dialed dish at least once, then call and get it straightened out.

If you don't have a phone line plugged in and made sure it has connected once to update the records, then that second fee is the no phone line connected fee.

Yeah the bill is right. The additional reciever fee for the 942 is waived since it is the first rcvr on the account. Then the 942 has its 4.98 fee for vod, unavoidable. Then the 508 has its own lil fee for 4.99 because it is the second rcvr on the account. Then the 942 is not connected nor has it been recently so that populated on the bill. So if the phone line is connected then houston has a problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)