Am I supposed to be able to hook up my Dish Network Receiver to the AV Receiver?

Yes, I can return it, no problem. The dude that sold it also sells Denon and he didn't much recommend Onkyo (I'm just sayin').

The Pioneer which is what my buddy has (and I fount it for him at a good price, the 1022) doesn't have the manual EQ option
which I kinda had my mind set on. The Yamaha does but some people weren't sure about whether it'll stream Pandora through
their network connection or not.

Any ideas here?

Gary, I just saw your sig...have you seen this clip? :)
Newegg has had the Pioneer 1222 on sale a lot. I think that's the top of their standard line. I can't imagine it doesn't have manual eq. Then again, I find it h a rd to imagine the 1022 doesn't. It also does Pandora.

My Yamaha rxa3000 does Pandora and also has parametric manual eq. (I prefer manually configuring my speakers vs. Audessey-like automated methods.)

Last edited:
Well, well, well. I think the 1122 MIGHT have the eq option.
Here's the manual on the 1022 and it seems there is NO eq option and mind you, this is another reason I looked
at other brands. The 1122 was too much money at the time and really still IS, but, after this fiasco, I may have to rethink it.
Anyway, just search for equalizer.
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/S...me/VSX-1022-K_OperatingInstructions062612.pdf

Here's the 1122 manual AND, it seems that it does it. Page 75 seems to show it does. However, it does NOT give you
the different bands/frequencies which I intend to check on tomorrow..
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/S...me/VSX-1122-K_OperatingInstructions070612.pdf

So, if this bad boy does it, do you guys have a preference?
The Pioneer 1122, the Yamaha 673 or 475? Hmmm, maybe we should hold off on that question.
I went to look on their site how long the warranty is and I see that they have NEW models coming out
which is probably why the other ones are being sold cheaper.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/AV-Receivers/Pioneer+Receivers

Ok, the 1023 won't do it. The 1123 seems to be like the 1122 and it will. The 1222 will too but it's way too expensive.

So, yammi and denon offer 2 year warranty and pioneer a measly 1 year (which is pretty normal by the way)

Last edited:
According to p75 of the 1122 manual, it appears that you can manually adjust EQ freqs and levels. It doesn't go into detail or give diagrams, though. Not a good manual.

BTW - Unless the new model has some drop-dead must-have feature, you are usually better off by buying an about-to-be-discontinued model at huge savings.

According to p75 of the 1122 manual, it appears that you can manually adjust EQ freqs and levels. It doesn't go into detail or give diagrams, though. Not a good manual.

BTW - Unless the new model has some drop-dead must-have feature, you are usually better off by buying an about-to-be-discontinued model at huge savings.

That's kinda what I figured and yeah, manual sucks and the pioneer tech had no idea about the frequencies or how you did it or anything but then,
that was expected.

So, despite the warranty go with a Pioneer?

I have a older Pio (bought in 2011) which just does the job...very well. You're desire for EQ, I can not address....EXCEPT...the only reason I know that you would want it so much is if you are a STEREO -phile, Otherwise, probably will not worth the uncertain extra dollars.

Well, here's my problem. I'm pretty sensitive to a lot of bass and it bothers me and on some things, I can only turn it down so much and then I run out.
IF I have an eq, I can do another 10-12 decibels which really helps a lot and gives me options.
My speakers sound great but keep in mind that some of the recordings could be screwed up
so the bass is too strong or whatever.

To give you an idea, I don't even have a subwoofer for these speakers.

Well, something's clearly very wrong with my body. I'm way too overweight. My ears are not as fat though...go figure.

I didn't say I was going to use the whole 10-12 range, it was just that I have an option.

For most stuff, a flat curve or just adjusting the bass on the front works great, but some
things have the bass jacked up way too high and my choice would be to listen to it and
NOT be comfortable or not listen to it and yes, I could get away with a lot less money if I didn't want
this or the pandora thing. Mind you, at this rate, that may be a consideration...

I have a Denon AVR-1912, HDMI and Airplay works great. After reading this thread. I looked up the flat panel he is using. I could not find anything with Dish, but that TV has HDMI handshake issues with Comcast DVR, U verse DVR, Time Warner as well. Also seems odd to me that it won't work, as there is an HDMI standard. But sometimes there is a software bug in either the TV or AVR that is causing a problem. Have you checked if there are any updates for those two pieces of equipment? Hooked up to my receiver is a PS3,Samsung 60 inch Plasma, VIP722K, Xbox360. Good luck.

I have a Denon 2312. I have my Hopper, A Panasonic BD player, a Roku2, and my Mac Mini plugged into HDMI inputs. The single HDMI output goes to my Sharp LED TV. Everything works just fine, and has for well over a year. I don't buy that the Denon is the problem, unless one of the HDMI inputs is defective. Has the OP tried to plug the Dish receiver into another HDMI input? I will say that all of my equipment is firmware updated to the latest. And, all I did, in the beginning, was to plug the equipment in and everything just worked. No configuration was needed.

No, haven't updated any firmware.
Have tried different hdmi inputs
They sent me out a new receiver to try, same thing.

At this point, I'm just gonna return it and be done with it and when and if I get something
I'm going to try another brand.

I have a Denon 2312. ...I don't buy that the Denon is the problem, unless one of the HDMI inputs is defective. Has the OP tried to plug the Dish receiver into another HDMI input? I will say that all of my equipment is firmware updated to the latest.
My 3311 definitely did have an HDMI issue. So, it's certainly possible. Good call on the FW, though. I don't know if the lower end Denons like the 19xx have upgradable FW. I will assume they do.

Guiri - You should give the FW update a shot. It would certainly be easier than going through the trouble of returning and buying something else, if it works.

I might give that a shot but with my track record, it's not going to even update but I may give it a shot tonight.

So, the Yammi 373 or the 1122?

Getting ready to place an order right now?

I can sill return everything if I want to.
Getting really tired of this and may just order more than one and just
keep the one that works out of the box and if the first one I try works
I won't even have to open the other one.

How much should the one year vs 2 year warrranty matter?

673 and 475 are the cheapest that do it.

What about yamaha vs pioneer quality?

I just ordered an open box 1122-k for 314. (I can still cancel it though)
Could have gotten a regular one, NOT open box for 349. Did I mess up?

Yammi has longer warranty

There are other options for Pandora...like Roku or even the Dish Hopper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts