Am I the Only One Who is Upset Over E*s Increase...

Jack Hatfield

Original poster
Oct 7, 2006
Am I the Only One Who is Upset Over E*s Increase in PPV and On Demand movie rental prices? As of March 26, they have gone up to: $4.99 for PPV (SD) New Releases; $5.99 for PPV (HD) New Releases; and $ 5.99 for DISH On Demand new releases!!:mad: A $1.00 per movie increase seems excessive.

I, for one, am looking elsewhere for my movie rentals.

Jack

PPV's have been price $1 less on Dish than on a lot of other providers. I think Dish just caught up to what everyone else has been getting.

D*'s still $3.99 for SD and $4.99 for HD PPV's including VoD PPV's.

I've been with dish for 11 years. Never bought a PPV anything. So no, it doesn't bother me a bit.:D:D

I never used any of the free PPV coupons I've been sent over the years either.

Last edited:
I see it as a big increase but I would gladly pay that rather than going to the movie theaters, which you cant escape nowdays for less than $25.

Netflix -- A Good Sugestion

Yeah Netflix man. Get DVDs and unlimited online streaming for 18 a month? I think so.

Thanks, Gorbash, for some constructive advice! Netflix is the solution I came up with too. My only problem is that Netflix doesn't stream movies to Mac (OS X) computers and that's what I have. I am enjoying their mail service DVDs though. (Don't have a HD BlueRay DVD player yet, so SD progressive is the best I can do.) I miss the HD versions.:D

Jack

first price increase in 6 years for ppv. i cant tell you how many times the price for a ticket at amc or edwards cinema has gone up in 6 years.

upscaling DVDs works great on my 720p 50" plasma. I too can't remember the last time I rented or when to see movie.

One of my parents ordered a ppv movie like 4 years ago and at the time I never hooked up my phone line, so it never charged me. That receiver was just taken off the account and the purchase was never sent. I think now you need a phone line connected or it won't let you order movies anymore :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts