Am I the Only One Who is Upset Over E*s Increase...

Heck I remember when it was $2.99 and they raised it to $3.99 and everyone made a stink over it!

Same here, used to buy one every now and then, but when it went to 3.99, I stopped.

WiCkeDuDe; said:
I see it as a big increase but I would gladly pay that rather than going to the movie theaters, which you cant escape nowdays for less than $25.
You mean there are still people going to the movie theaters :eek:

I've been with dish for 11 years. Never bought a PPV anything. So no, it doesn't bother me a bit.:D:D

I never used any of the free PPV coupons I've been sent over the years either.

Exactly! Never have bought PPV movies and probably will never. They could be $10 and I wouldn't care.

Ditto for netflix. Netflix has always provided a broad selection and good service for less than $2 a rental. Since I rarely watch a movie more than once and I hate wasting time at the video stores, I've been a longtime loyal netflix user.

In theory, the 720p/1080i HD broadcast of a PPV movie should be better quality than the 480p stream from a DVD, but I find them comparable quality on my 42" panasonic 720p. However DVDs are definitely more consistent quality without any interference, have good bonus material, and don't take up my valuable drive space.

Didn't Realize they hadn't changed the price in 6 years

first price increase in 6 years for ppv. i cant tell you how many times the price for a ticket at amc or edwards cinema has gone up in 6 years.

You make a really good point. I didn't know the price history since I've been a member for only about 18 months. So, maybe they (E*) are justified.

Still, since E* is far behind D* in HD national channels, right now doesn't seem like a good time to raise prices on PPV (especially HD PPV). D* is still back at the old rates of E*, so it seems as if D* is offering more for the money across the board.

Am I the Only One Who is Upset Over E*s Increase in PPV and On Demand movie rental prices? As of March 26, they have gone up to: $4.99 for PPV (SD) New Releases; $5.99 for PPV (HD) New Releases; and $ 5.99 for DISH On Demand new releases!!:mad: A $1.00 per movie increase seems excessive.

I, for one, am looking elsewhere for my movie rentals.

Jack
hmm.. just found out about it with your post. Dish Network moved my locals to a satellite I can't get and now the PPV's are raising. :mad: oh well I went from a $100 bill to $19.99 when they stole my locals. lol. I think I can afford a $4.99 ppv now. hehe

I see it as a big increase but I would gladly pay that rather than going to the movie theaters, which you cant escape nowdays for less than $25.

That's right! And the movies don't have a sofa I can stretch out on, and I certainly can't wear just pajamas or underwear to the movies. :D

Am I the Only One Who is Upset Over E*s Increase in PPV and On Demand movie rental prices? As of March 26, they have gone up to: $4.99 for PPV (SD) New Releases; $5.99 for PPV (HD) New Releases; and $ 5.99 for DISH On Demand new releases!!:mad: A $1.00 per movie increase seems excessive.
I'm sorry for you that it has gone up, but for me, it means nothing. I have never ordered a PPV, probably never will.

If you have a receiver that can hook to DishCOMM, some movies there are $2.99. Of course you have already seen these on other channels. Big selection though. Several hundred movies available there.

24 hour rental of adult movies go for $11.99. Plenty of stuff there too. You might even find Debbie does Charlie and Jim!

Not that ordered anything there. 2 movies in my lifetime and 1 in the last 10 years. There is plenty of stuff for me on the channels I sub to.

I just got my Netflix set up and I love it. I have it so that I get two movies a week - every week for $9.53 a month - can't beat it (with a stick!) for the ease and cost per view.

I just got my Netflix set up and I love it. I have it so that I get two movies a week - every week for $9.53 a month - can't beat it (with a stick!) for the ease and cost per view.

Don't forget the unlimited online streaming of movies and classic Doctor Who!
Have to use IE, or IE Tab in FireFox, but worth it.

Well, it will be a moot point if Dish starts doing the 24 hr auto delete of PPVs. Their sales of PPV will drop off tremendously. I for one will NEVER order another one.

Pretty sure this the way all PPV is going.

It's also why they decide to call it Pay Per View not Pay and keep Forever.:D

Blockbuster works great for me, free in-store rentals along with the mailings.

Curious timing by Charlie on the increase.

The economy is going to hell in a handbasket and Dish's shares are falling rapidly as DirecTV takes over the HD market.

But then again Charlie has always marched to his own drummer.

I'm with most of you -- I don't buy PPV's. So the cost increase to me is $0 (0 x $4.99 = $0; 0 x $5.99 = $0)...

But Charlie still picked a curious time for a price increase...

Well, it will be a moot point if Dish starts doing the 24 hr auto delete of PPVs. Their sales of PPV will drop off tremendously. I for one will NEVER order another one.
That is gonna hurt it bad. I used to rent one and not watch for a week sometimes. I am glad I got rid of my DVR now. ;) Putting a 24 hour limit on PPV's is only gonna increase people copying it to a VHS tape or DVD. Makes no sense.

Pretty sure this the way all PPV is going.

It's also why they decide to call it Pay Per View not Pay and keep Forever.:D

Blockbuster works great for me, free in-store rentals along with the mailings.
A few years ago I broke down and joined Blockbuster...the very first time I rented 2 games and I returned them on time. (the day before it was due) I got a card in the mail saying they were gonna charge my credit card for late returns. :mad: Needless to say I will never have anything to do with Blockbuster ever again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts