Am I the only one who thinks the Cubs are annoying?

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
We talk all about how much we can't stand the Yankees or the Red Sox and how they're overhyped and hogging all the attention and all that stuff.

I'd like to throw in the Cubs as another team I personally consider really annoying.

Big city, big payroll, big-name manager eho everyone fawns over, etc.

Why is it that when people say they are sick of hearing about the Yankees and Red Sox, it's OK, yet nobody I know complains about how much we hear about the Cubs.

Unlike the Yankees and Red Sox, the network that shows many of their games isn't coast-to-coast (WGN).

Good question Sabres. However, I don't think they are in the same "category" if you will as the Yanks and Red Sox. The Cubs have always been a hapless bunch with a history of failures over the years. They almost get there so often that you want to root for them to get someplace finally. Plus, they are just downright FUN to watch as a baseball fan these past two years under Sweet Lou. Also, they do not have any superstar players with "over the top" off and on field antics as those other two teams surely do!

I'd LOVE to see a Phillies/Cubs NLCS this post season. Now THAT one would be worth watching and hoping that it goes 7 games!!!!!! :hatsoff:

You don't hear about the CUB's EVERY NIGHT in the SPORTS news.
You ALWAYS hear how the Yanks did and usually the Red Sox too.

I think it would be great for the Cubs to continue to play well and get into the playoffs ... if the do, I think they will be the sentimental fan favorites.

jimbo

Annoying? Why stop there. I despise them more than any other team in sports (except maybe the Browns... it's close). My dissertation on why the Cubs' management and fans are the most arrogant in sports is available upon request....

Annoying? Why stop there. I despise them more than any other team in sports (except maybe the Browns... it's close). My dissertation on why the Cubs' management and fans are the most arrogant in sports is available upon request....

huh? Why the hate for the Brownies?

While we're on this topic of annoying sports teams.....

Personally, I'm sick of hearing about the Cowboys. The first 10 minutes of every NFL Live on ESPN is dedicated to the Cowboys. TO burning Pacman in a drill in camp, Romo's love affairs, TO this, Pacman that. Pacman doesn't want to be called Pacman anymore. TO crying about the media picking on Romo. Give it up already! Cover someone else besides the Cowboys ESPN! Besides, they didn't even win the Super Bowl. A different team from their same confereance did though!

You might not have noticed my avatar was an old Bengals' logo before I changed it last week. Don't go there.... you and I are on decent terms right now. :)

Ahh that's right. I didn't recognize you after the logo change. (I myself changed my avatar recently too).

See you week 4 brainfry! ;):D

Previous avatar....

Attachments

• oscargamble.jpg
    oscargamble.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 150
You don't hear about the CUB's EVERY NIGHT in the SPORTS news.
You ALWAYS hear how the Yanks did and usually the Red Sox too.

I think it would be great for the Cubs to continue to play well and get into the playoffs ... if the do, I think they will be the sentimental fan favorites.

jimbo

AND....not to mention the fact that when the Cubs, and their reputation for being "loser"....get ANY WHIFF of the playoffs, it's a big story.

I think Cubs fans and Cardinal fans are the most knowledgable of all baseball....A I think people are jealous of those fans because EVEN when the teams ABSOLUTELY sucked beyond terrible, IF it was a decent day, those two stadiums will be packed to capacity...

I can't stand the Cubs because of their in-your-face, arrogant, loud-mouth fans. You'll find that there are a lot of people that fall in my category.

Don't get me wrong - I don't mind all that in the confines of Wrigley. It's when they visit other team venues. There's nothing wrong with traveling well, but it's how you do it. For a club that hasn't won a championship in 100 years, Cubs fans constantly are in the face of other home fans, putting them down, yelling their BS in front of kids, obstructing views with stupid headgear, etc. They're just obnoxious aholes when it comes down to it (Chicago at it's worst).

Screw the Cubs. Personally, I'm waiting for their annual chokefest again. :)

choke.jpg

Last edited:
I can't stand the Cubs because of their in-your-face, arrogant, loud-mouth fans. You'll find that there are a lot of people that fall in my category.

Don't get me wrong - I don't mind all that in the confines of Wrigley. It's when they visit other team venues. There's nothing wrong with traveling well, but it's how you do it. For a club that hasn't won a championship in 100 years, Cub fans constantly are in the face of other home fans, putting them down, yelling their BS in front of kids, obstructing views with stupid headgear, etc. They're just obnoxious aholes when it comes down to it (Chicago at it's worst).

Screw the Cubs. Personally, I'm waiting for their annual chokefest again. :)

choke.jpg

Obviously, you have not met Eagles fans, Jets fans, Mets fans and Yankee fans....

huh? Why the hate for the Brownies?

While we're on this topic of annoying sports teams.....

Personally, I'm sick of hearing about the Cowboys. The first 10 minutes of every NFL Live on ESPN is dedicated to the Cowboys. TO burning Pacman in a drill in camp, Romo's love affairs, TO this, Pacman that. Pacman doesn't want to be called Pacman anymore. TO crying about the media picking on Romo. Give it up already! Cover someone else besides the Cowboys ESPN! Besides, they didn't even win the Super Bowl. A different team from their same confereance did though!

Romo my arse...you're sick of the Cowboys because of their past success, not their obnoxious fans.

Obviously, you have not met Eagles fans, Jets fans, Mets fans and Yankee fans....

I've heard on more than a few occasions that Eagles fans (and not necessarily Philadelphia sports fans) are the worst. I've never witnessed them first hand, but have heard about them.

Romo my arse...you're sick of the Cowboys because of their past success, not their obnoxious fans.

Read my post again. This time, very slowly. I said nothing to the tune of "not liking the Cowboys because of their obnoxious fans." I did however complain at how annoying it is seeing all of the attention given to them by the media.

I've heard on more than a few occasions that Eagles fans (and not necessarily Philadelphia sports fans) are the worst. I've never witnessed them first hand, but have heard about them.

And the usually, the most obxious fans are actually in their home town....but I know of only ONE Eagles fan that is NOT an ass***** and he was the best man of my wedding.....:D The rest, my GOD.....when you have a reputation for having a legit JAIL in your football stadium, that tells you something.....

...and they are closely followed by douche nozzle Jets fans........:rolleyes:

The reason I hate the Cubs is all of the "fans" that aren't from Illinois. If you grow up in a state that has a team, you root for that team. Period. I don't care if your grandfather lived in Chicago in 1928. Of course it doesn't help that they beat my Brewers the last two nights with our aces on the mound! If I ever run into Steve Bartman I'm going to give him a hug...

So what if they aren't from Illinois. People have a right to root for whatever team they choose and sometimes the affiliation springs from something other than geography. I grew up in New england but when I was a kid there were several people in town who followed the orioles becauuse their shortstop grew up there.

Read my post again. This time, very slowly. I said nothing to the tune of "not liking the Cowboys because of their obnoxious fans." I did however complain at how annoying it is seeing all of the attention given to them by the media.

I realize you didn't say anything about obnoxious fans - I added that because I had just finished posting why I don't like the Cubs. What I meant to say in response to your post was that I've seen a lot of people that don't like the Cowboys (and I'm one), but it has nothing to do with ESPN airtime, obnoxious fans, or any of that. It's because in the past the Cowboys have dominated their favorite teams, or have just been successful when their teams haven't, pure and simple. Those days seem to have come to an end however. :)

The same can't be said for the Cubs, because they have choked for 100 years. They're not liked because of their fans.

The reason I hate the Cubs is all of the "fans" that aren't from Illinois. If you grow up in a state that has a team, you root for that team. Period. I don't care if your grandfather lived in Chicago in 1928. Of course it doesn't help that they beat my Brewers the last two nights with our aces on the mound! If I ever run into Steve Bartman I'm going to give him a hug...

From Illinois but only 14 miles from St. Louis here. And , I am a Huge Cards fan.

C = Certainly
U = Useless
B = By
S = September

So what if they aren't from Illinois. People have a right to root for whatever team they choose and sometimes the affiliation springs from something other than geography. I grew up in New england but when I was a kid there were several people in town who followed the orioles becauuse their shortstop grew up there.

Mark Belanger from Pittsfield?