Am I the only one who thinks the Cubs are annoying?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The reason I hate the Cubs is all of the "fans" that aren't from Illinois. If you grow up in a state that has a team, you root for that team. Period. I don't care if your grandfather lived in Chicago in 1928. Of course it doesn't help that they beat my Brewers the last two nights with our aces on the mound! If I ever run into Steve Bartman I'm going to give him a hug...

Local fans pulling for the Cubs because of WGN, or whatever reason, usually aren't as loud-mouthed as the Cubs travelers. You know these guys when you see (and hear) them. And if you live in a state that doesn't have a team, you have to pull for somebody if you're a fan of MLB.

Last edited:
Local fans pulling for the Cubs because of WGN or whatever reason usually aren't as loud-mouthed as the Cub travelers. You know these guys when you see (and hear) them. And if you live in a state that doesn't have a team, you have to pull for somebody if you're a fan of MLB.

I have no problem with the locals pulling for the Cubs - they should. And if you live somewhere without a team, you're probably going to like whatever team you see on tv the most (ie. Yanks, Red Sox, Cubs or Atlanta). It's the people that have a team where they grew up and pull for someone else that I can't agree with.

So what if they aren't from Illinois. People have a right to root for whatever team they choose and sometimes the affiliation springs from something other than geography. I grew up in New england but when I was a kid there were several people in town who followed the orioles becauuse their shortstop grew up there.

Sure they have a right to root for whoever they want. And I realize it's not quite so simple if you don't grow up right in the city. I grew up in Milwaukee so I'm a Brewer, Packer and Bucks fan. I don't view it like I had a choice - I was born there so those are my teams.

We talk all about how much we can't stand the Yankees or the Red Sox and how they're overhyped and hogging all the attention and all that stuff.

I'd like to throw in the Cubs as another team I personally consider really annoying.

Big city, big payroll, big-name manager eho everyone fawns over, etc.

Why is it that when people say they are sick of hearing about the Yankees and Red Sox, it's OK, yet nobody I know complains about how much we hear about the Cubs.

Unlike the Yankees and Red Sox, the network that shows many of their games isn't coast-to-coast (WGN).

Agreed I hate the Cubs.

I have no problem with the locals pulling for the Cubs - they should. And if you live somewhere without a team, you're probably going to like whatever team you see on tv the most (ie. Yanks, Red Sox, Cubs or Atlanta). It's the people that have a team where they grew up and pull for someone else that I can't agree with.

I am A Red Sox fan and I too had very little choice in the matter. But I don't see anything wrong with rooting for a team because you like their style of play or any other reason. After all if you are rooting for the Red Sox that is fine no matter what the reason and if you don't well you are wrong and thaere is not much we can do for you.

... After all if you are rooting for the Red Sox that is fine no matter what the reason and if you don't well you are wrong and there is not much we can do for you.

lmao.gif

I am A Red Sox fan and I too had very little choice in the matter. But I don't see anything wrong with rooting for a team because you like their style of play or any other reason. After all if you are rooting for the Red Sox that is fine no matter what the reason and if you don't well you are wrong and thaere is not much we can do for you.

I made it out to Fenway back in May, the fans were very cordial. Of course it's easy to be cordial while your team is killing the Brewers. I have no problem with the Sox, I was actually glad when they won so I didn't have to hear about Bambino's curse anymore. The Cubs curse(s)...now that's a different story.

I can't stand the Cubs because of their in-your-face, arrogant, loud-mouth fans. You'll find that there are a lot of people that fall in my category.

Don't get me wrong - I don't mind all that in the confines of Wrigley. It's when they visit other team venues. There's nothing wrong with traveling well, but it's how you do it. For a club that hasn't won a championship in 100 years, Cubs fans constantly are in the face of other home fans, putting them down, yelling their BS in front of kids, obstructing views with stupid headgear, etc. They're just obnoxious aholes when it comes down to it (Chicago at it's worst).

Screw the Cubs. Personally, I'm waiting for their annual chokefest again. :)

choke.jpg

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!! Ditto everything.

Those trendy prima donnas at Wrigley Field can act however they wish, but the people that show up at Great American Ball Park wearing Cubs crap should have the decency to realize they are at another team's home. I don't mind the loud cheering and getting excited--I'm talking about the a-holes (and there are FAR many per capita of Cubs fans than for visiting fans of any other team) who direct their obnoxious behavior toward the home fans. It's a joke, really, that fans of a team that hasn't won a World Series in 100 years think they can justify bragging.

There are always lots of Braves and Cardinals fans at Reds games, too. Sure, some of them are obnoxious, too, but for the most part, they show some decency. Cubs fans, however, are overwhelmingly rude and arrogant.

Cover someone else besides the Cowboys ESPN!

Actually, I think the Cowboys have gotten 5% of ESPN coverage- 90% of ESPN's off-season coverage has been about this annoying Brett Favre story, and 2% on Peyton Manning's surgery.

The other 3% has been divided into three things- 1% for the Redskins getting Jason Taylor, 1% for Chad Johnson, and 1% for the Giants/Saints as a result of the Shockey trade.

Believe me, the Cowboys have been barely been talked about when compared to Green Bay.

I'm not a Cowboys fan, but it's better than hearing about Favregate- Favre this, Favre that, all Favre, all the Favrein time.

At least Romo's not flip-flopping on whether he'll play this year!

Actually, I think the Cowboys have gotten 5% of ESPN coverage- 90% of ESPN's off-season coverage has been about this annoying Brett Favre story, and 2% on Peyton Manning's surgery.

The other 3% has been divided into three things- 1% for the Redskins getting Jason Taylor, 1% for Chad Johnson, and 1% for the Giants/Saints as a result of the Shockey trade.

Believe me, the Cowboys have been barely been talked about when compared to Green Bay.

I'm not a Cowboys fan, but it's better than hearing about Favregate- Favre this, Favre that, all Favre, all the Favrein time.

At least Romo's not flip-flopping on whether he'll play this year!

Turn on ESPN's "NFL Live" and you will get a huge helping of Cowboy slobbering. (Along with constant Favre updates).

Turn on ESPN's "NFL Live" and you will get a huge helping of Cowboy slobbering. (Along with constant Favre updates).

If I tune in to any other network, it's 24/7 Favre.

Either way, it's lose/lose for all of us.

The question is, what's the lesser of two evils?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)