Am I understanding this correctly. I can get the Fox network in english on g10r.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chipoole

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
After reading Icebergs Sticky post and looking at lyngsat, and then looking at other sites, it is a little confusing. Before I spend some cash on a complete setup, answer me this please. Will I be able to get a couple of networks on the galaxy 10r sat? Are they in english? Thats all I really want, a couple of network stations. any comments or suggestions? I am sure people have covered this many times, so feel free to ingore this post if you are insulted by my ignorace.

This is what confused me the most.

ebay item:5807363695

I was thinking about purchasing this setup but the channels listed on the auction seem alot different than what i normally see listed on lyngsat.

BTW any input on this receiver, it looks like junk to me. I'll check the reviews.

Regards
Charles Poole

Sure will get (in english) networks including FOX on the G10R satellite and the Traxis receiver has a GREAT picture and you will be able to get all the same channels (with a motor) that we often talk about here. It does not have a Blind Scan but other than that it can be used to motor your dish using DiSEqC 1.2 Great starter system.

I would say do some research. If you just want to get one bird (such as G10) that system would work fine-especially for the money. If you decide to get into FTA as a hobby and want a motorized system, I would contact PSB or Sadoun and upgrade to something with blind scan as Jim says. Just about everyone that gets excited about FTA upgrades eventually.

Gas has already said the two Fox channels on G10R will be encrypted eventually. One already is.

The point is don't get a system for one or two specific channels. Stuff comes and goes all the time...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts