Am I wrong in thinking this?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

J3ff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 19, 2004
I thought I could watch one program, while it records another... In dual mode.?

In single mode I could record two programs and watch a third....that sounds wrong, but what exactly is the deal here?

In dual mode cant you watch a program on tv1 while recording at the same time on a different channel on tv1

In dual mode, TV1 can watch a recorded program while it records, and I believe TV2 can do the same thing. You can't watch something and record something live at the same time unless you're in Single mode.

Your last sentence is correct.

although technically true, it's not entirely true in practice, I do this all the time. Assuming that the other tuner is not in use, that is. So I'm usually on tuner 1 and I set my default tuner to record on tuner 2 so i'm almost always doing this. If for some reason I want to watch "live" whats on tuner 2, I set it to record and then simply hit the PVR button and select that show. So ii'm watching pretty close to live, then I just delete it when I'm done.

Now if you want to watch a show live on both tuners while you record something else on either, that ain't gonna happen (there's only 2 tuners...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)