Am I wrong

Chinatown

On Vacation
Original poster
Oct 11, 2006
Wisconsin
:confused:or was there a concerted effort by Dish to align the new HD locals, in such a way, that it would necessitate the owners to add a companion Dish?

My contention is based on my locals in Milwaukee, being on 61.5, and from another post from Atlanta, being on 129.

Neither one of us can get them without the addition.

If so, it is rather covert, don't you agree?

:confused:or was there a concerted effort by Dish to align the new HD locals, in such a way, that it would necessitate the owners to add a companion Dish?

My contention is based on my locals in Milwaukee, being on 61.5, and from another post from Atlanta, being on 129.

I would say it was overt, not covert. They aren't really trying to hide anything.

Ted

And they install what's needed No Charge. NO Conspiracy. Sorry!

well, not too many people are getting this done for free:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/131337-cleveland-hd-locals-problem.html

And covert is closer than overt. On the website, it says it will be done for free. But when you call, it is free- with another 24 month commitment. Sorry, that's not free in my eyes.

The whole thing is crap. If they want to move things there, fine. But if you are already paying for, and used to seeing the channels, and they move them, they should charge you nothing. With no commitment.

well, not too many people are getting this done for free:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/131337-cleveland-hd-locals-problem.html

And covert is closer than overt. On the website, it says it will be done for free. But when you call, it is free- with another 24 month commitment. Sorry, that's not free in my eyes.

The whole thing is crap. If they want to move things there, fine. But if you are already paying for, and used to seeing the channels, and they move them, they should charge you nothing. With no commitment.

Right on....no contract...no charge...plain & simple. 'Course, I wouldn't bet on it!

For some reason, every time Dish changes things like this, I just get up off my lazy butt and go fix it.. Used Dishes lay around every where. I can find them all the time.. It's a lot cheaper and no contract required to just do it myself.. If most of you knew how easy it really was, people like me would be out of business. :)

Never having served a DMA with HD locals and putting them on 61.5 vs. moving a DMA's HD locals to 61.5 are two different things. i.e. they havent moved my Austin HD locals to 61.5, as they werent somewhere else to begin with.

I do think it is a pickle of which they do first, come out with a new Dish (1000.4), or add these new local markets first? Since it isnt all happening in one day, something has to come first. In a perfect world they'd already have the 1000.4 ready to roll to customers at the same time they added the HD locals to 61.5. (and we'd have more HD channels than D* would make it extra perfect)

For some reason, every time Dish changes things like this, I just get up off my lazy butt and go fix it.. Used Dishes lay around every where. I can find them all the time.. It's a lot cheaper and no contract required to just do it myself.. If most of you knew how easy it really was, people like me would be out of business. :)
How easy is it?

If you want it now you might have to have 2 dishs. If you want to wait, Dish will probably have a single dish solution for every market they carry HD LiLs. They are waiting on more satellites to fill out the 61.5 side to be a single dish solution.

Dish puts the locals on the satellites that have room for them. Those 2 sats, originally just for Voom, have space and, with locals, don't have to be mirrored.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)