Can I add another receiver?

Stanleee

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 20, 2004
NY State
I have had e for a long time but know nothing about my topic. How can I tell if I can easily add one more receiver? I have 2, a 510DVR and a 211.I have the stars 119, 110, and 61.5 I think. Sorry if I sound like a dummy but when it comes to E installation I am. I can't hire E because I moved. What do I look for as far as switchs?Thanks

I have had e for a long time but know nothing about my topic. How can I tell if I can easily add one more receiver? I have 2, a 510DVR and a 211.I have the stars 119, 110, and 61.5 I think. Sorry if I sound like a dummy but when it comes to E installation I am. I can't hire E because I moved. What do I look for as far as switchs?Thanks

Say what ?

Call 1-800-333-3474 And Ask them.

Most likely you have a dish 1000 in which case you cant add a receiver. If its a dish 1000.2 then you would be able to add a receiver. Like pepper said, do a check switch and show the results, that will tell us what options you have.

You can have up to 4 leased tuners on your account, but you need to let someone know which dish you have on hand. You must be using 2 dishes, one for 199. 110, and one for 61.5. Your HD channels are coming from 61.5.

How can I tell. I know the one on the groung has 2 LNB's and thats my 110-119. The one on the roof is pointed to 61.5. So we need to know which dish is on the ground? Thanks in advance all the reply's. At least the ones that are trying to help. Also I was thinking of buying a used HD reciever. I may not be able to deal with E unless I move back.

right, you should have two empty outputs on that DP34 switch, if you get a dual tuner receiver you would have to run two cables and use both of the empty outputs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)