Amazing Facts now on @97w

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Personally, I am not a religious zealot, but I find the progamming on Amazing Facts to be excellent!

When I first tuned into it, I had other expectations than just Doug Batchelor's wonderful sermons and eloquent motivational talks. Yes, I had a bit of hope that it would be something like a cross between Ripley's Beleive it or Not and the History channel. Well, it isn't that, but it is really neat!

The very first program that I witnessed, Doug was talking about the novella "The Titan" or something close to that. And comparing it to the actual historical encounter of "The Titanic". I was amazed at the similarities between the account of the actual Titanic episode and the fictional story, written 14 years earlier. That was so profound that I immediately went searching for more information on the book that "foretold" the demise of the Titanic. I found a lot of interesting facts above and beyond just this information. It seems that the more you search for one specific answer, the more questions you develop and the more answers you find for other issues and topics along the way.

Stuff like this interests me highly and generates enthusiasm to search for more.

If I can symboloize this and better, it is like jumping into a rowboat and floating down the Missouri River to reach the Mississippi Delta. At each turn in the river, with each bend and each sandbar, each town or city that I pass and every jetty and tributary that I find, I learn something new. Something even more profound then my original pursuit to reach the delta.

The pursuit of knowledge in this way is just so fantastic and amazing! I float along in a slow moving boat and the knowledge of the world just comes to me like a motion picture in 3D with scents and sounds and sights to behold!

What a fantastic journey! I not only see what is on display for the present, I see what is there from the past, too. History, recent history and ancient history!

Yes, Amazing Facts was not exactly what I expected, but it is so enlightening that I enjoy it very much! I thank the producers of this channel for making it available!

I might have a new customer for FTA just because of this. My friend, Dave, is quite religious and I think that he would absolutely LOVE this channel. I wrote him an email to discuss it. I have been trying to persuade him (gently) to get set up with a FTA satellite system, and this channel might really intice him to make a move on this. He has five or six kids and I think that FTA would be great for their education and religion.

All I can say is "excellent"! And "Thanks"!

RADAR

Radar, your discovery is profound! I've been watching Doug and other's on 3ABN since the 911 incident. Your story sounds much like mine. Not only does Doug examine historic events, he also examines the future in relation to the Bible and how the Bible fortells the past, present and future, just keep watching and you'll be amazed. I like your comment about how as you search, more questions arise and answers follow. It's endless and there's something new around every bend as you explained. What an amazing testimony you have. Doug has a kid's program called "Amazing Discoveries", that's why I got confused with the other new network. Your friend's children should enjoy it as well.

BTW, last night as I was programming another one of my receivers, I did a blind scan on 97W Ku and found that they mirrored the channels from 11842 on the new TP 11960 but there gone today. I suppose they are testing. The QS was about 15% weaker than 11842.

Here I go again, confused about names... I stand corrected again, I said that Doug has a kid's series called "Amazing Discoveries" but it's actually "Amazing Adventures"

Sorry for the confusion!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)