teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
Season Premiere: Sunday, February 23, 2014

"Back in the Saddle": 11 all-stars teams compete for a second chance to win the $1 million top prize. However, in a dramatic twist, one duo won't make it to the starting line. The other pairs jet off to Guangzhou, China.

S~

Great start! I have 3 or 4 teams that I want to see winning the million $. And the team I want to see go first actually got eliminated in the first episode! :p

The ones I most want to go were second to last. :( There are a couple more teams that I wouldn't mind losing, but about 3-4 that I'd like to see win this time. :D

The ones I really wanted to go did. Glad to see Mallory, Luke, and Margie back along with some other teams.

S~

Next Episode: Season 24, Episode 2

Sunday, March 2, 2014

"Baby Bear's Soup": Mallory and Mark struggle with communication and a major mistake puts them in jeopardy.

S~

Next Episode: Season 24, Episode 3

Sunday, March 9, 2014

"Welcome to the Jungle": The teams face rapids in the Malaysian jungle on homemade rafts; a team fights to stay in the running after taxi trouble.

S~

Yeah!!! They're gone. He was just so annoying. I was sure it would be non-elimination, so it was a relief when Phil said, "I'm sorry but..." :D

Next Episode: Season 24, Episode 4

Sunday, March 16, 2014

"Smarter, Not Harder": A racer pours blood and tears into a roadblock; a particularly difficult detour makes a racer meltdown.

S~

Next Episode: Season 24, Episode 5

Sunday, March 23, 2014

"Can't Make Fish Bite": Teams face struggles as they go fishing for their next clue in Sri Lanka.

S~

Next Episode: Season 24, Episode 6

Sunday, March 30, 2014

"Down and Dirty": The racers are drained by an exhausting roadblock; a footrace to a pit stop.

S~

They are. Still like Dave and Connor or the Cowboys. Trotters are always fun and entertaining, but do they really need the money?

S~

I always got the feeling that one team was cast as the villain. Just like the 'tricks' they pull with one too few seats on the plane, the cab driver who suddenly can't speak English or know where a major tourist attraction is located, or sending the cab away with the backpack. It makes me wonder what the financial arrangements really are for these teams. It is fairly apparent to me that everyone gets paid. The winning team gets $1 million as advertised, but I expect that each of the other teams gets a significant lump sum that is not related to finishing position. Otherwise there would be public issues with the teams who get eliminated through manipulation.

I always got the feeling that one team was cast as the villain. Just like the 'tricks' they pull with one too few seats on the plane, the cab driver who suddenly can't speak English or know where a major tourist attraction is located, or sending the cab away with the backpack. It makes me wonder what the financial arrangements really are for these teams. It is fairly apparent to me that everyone gets paid. The winning team gets $1 million as advertised, but I expect that each of the other teams gets a significant lump sum that is not related to finishing position. Otherwise there would be public issues with the teams who get eliminated through manipulation.

I doubt that the other teams get any significant amount of money for just being in the race. First you get to travel around the world for free. I would think that some people would pay to be in the show even without a chance of winning. The 2nd or 3rd place may get something, but I don't know what they would be. I remember that 2nd Survivors used to get $100,000 and they didn't advertise that. Not sure about Amazing Race though. I wonder what happened to the teams that got eliminated? Do they get to put in a hotel in the country where they got eliminated until the end? Or they got shipped to the finish line and just stay there. Or they got sent home and come back to the finish line?

I doubt that the other teams get any significant amount of money for just being in the race. First you get to travel around the world for free. I would think that some people would pay to be in the show even without a chance of winning. The 2nd or 3rd place may get something, but I don't know what they would be. I remember that 2nd Survivors used to get $100,000 and they didn't advertise that. Not sure about Amazing Race though. I wonder what happened to the teams that got eliminated? Do they get to put in a hotel in the country where they got eliminated until the end? Or they got shipped to the finish line and just stay there. Or they got sent home and come back to the finish line?

Answers as close as wikkipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amazing_Race_(U.S._TV_series)
All teams are compensated for the time missed from their jobs, though the amount is undisclosed and confidential; one racer claimed that most people would lose money from the Race stipend compared to their typical salaries.[15][20]
Most eliminated teams are sent to a resort destination informally dubbed "Sequesterville", where they will wait until the end of the race to be flown into the final destination city so they can be present at the Finish Line.[15][28] In later seasons, short web videos hosted by CBS titled "Elimination Station" show the events at this location as new teams arrive and the events that occur during the teams' stay. Other teams, generally the last few eliminated before the final three, are used as "decoy teams", and run the race's final leg ahead of the actual final teams, in hopes of confusing possible spoilers about the race's outcome from locals.[29] Keoghan has also recorded his own videos during the show's filming, used to show what happens behind the scenes to viewers.[6]

This article also has some amazing insights (pun not really intended)
http://www.avclub.com/article/whats-it-like-to-be-a-contestant-on-the-amazing-ra-106277

Next Episode: Season 24, Episode 7

Sunday, April 13, 2014

"The Gladiators Are Here!": The racers square off with Roman gladiators in a medieval detour; three teams make a deal in hope of avoiding elimination.

S~

Next Episode: Season 24, Episode 8

Sunday, April 20, 2014

"Donkeylicious": Six teams encounter a double U-turn; one team considers a major decision.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)