Amazon Alexa missing from 4K Joey settings screen

nyrfan1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 18, 2014
San Francisco
I received a new Amazon Alexa dot and wanted to use it to control my 4K Joey. I went to the 4K JOey settings screen and both the Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant app have disappeared! The Google Assistant app is till on mu Hopper, but only wants to set up my voice control.

Is there a way to link my receiver to my Amazon Alexa dot now. Please help!!!! I called DISH technical support but they couldnt help at all!!!

(I do not have a Hopper, I did help a friend set his Hopper to work with Alexa)
For the Hopper or wally you would go to settings, Amazon Alexa, Get code. That code gets put into the Alexa app. I am assuming you have already activated DISH on the Alexa App. If the 4K Joey can be controlled by Alexa I would think it would be the same procedure.
If you are saying when you go to settings there is no choice for Amazon Alexa - Get Code in even the Hopper I don't have more help.

Make sure the Hopper is connected successfully to the Internet.

Reactions: charlesrshell
(I do not have a Hopper, I did help a friend set his Hopper to work with Alexa)
For the Hopper or wally you would go to settings, Amazon Alexa, Get code. That code gets put into the Alexa app. I am assuming you have already activated DISH on the Alexa App. If the 4K Joey can be controlled by Alexa I would think it would be the same procedure.
If you are saying when you go to settings there is no choice for Amazon Alexa - Get Code in even the Hopper I don't have more help.

Make sure the Hopper is connected successfully to the Internet.

Well that sounds great except I am trying to do this with a Joey (have done it with my Hopper and with a Joey in the past. The problem is there is now no widget on my Joey (used to be) that I can click on to get the code!

Well that sounds great except I am trying to do this with a Joey (have done it with my Hopper and with a Joey in the past. The problem is there is now no widget on my Joey (used to be) that I can click on to get the code!

Good afternoon, nyrfan! I know that I have already reached out to you in the private message that you sent regarding this issue but I want to make sure the information is available to everyone. The Widget wont be available on the Joey since you will add the second device for the additional room directly through the Amazon Alexa App. This way you can control all of your Amazon devices and which rooms they control directly from the same App. Here is the link to our website with the instructions on how to pair the device: Alexa Support | MyDISH | DISH Customer Support -- Sam F

I received a new Amazon Alexa dot and wanted to use it to control my 4K Joey. I went to the 4K JOey settings screen and both the Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant app have disappeared! The Google Assistant app is till on mu Hopper, but only wants to set up my voice control.

Is there a way to link my receiver to my Amazon Alexa dot now. Please help!!!! I called DISH technical support but they couldnt help at all!!!

Hello Topic Starter. Here are instructions on how to pair Alexa to your 4K Joey.
  1. Enable DISH TV in the Alexa app: Open the Alexa app on a mobile device and select Music, Video & Books > DISH TV > Enable. If the DISH TV skill is already enabled from previous use, select Settings > Manage in TV and Video > Manage and Link Devices from the Alexa app, and proceed to step 3
  2. Get receiver code: Turn on internet-connected Hopper, and go to Menu > Settings > Amazon Alexa > Get Code. Enter the generated code into the Alexa app and select Activate. Click Done in the confirmation message.
  3. Pair set-top box with Amazon Echo, Echo Show or Echo Dot: In the Alexa app, select desired Hopper, Wally or Joey receiver from list of discoverable devices. Click Continue. Select Echo device to be synced with chosen receiver. Click Link Devices. Repeat this step for all set-top boxes to be paired with Echo -Kim H.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts