Amazon announces Amazon FireTV set-top box

It had to have popped up if they did a trademark search. Bezos should probably fire someone for not properly doing their job and now will cost the company millions.

Maybe Amazon did it on purpose. Just following the success path of "iPhone"! :p

Steve Jobs: "The all NEW iPhone!"
Cisco: "What?"

Anyone still using their Fire TV? Or does it collect dust while other streamers get the bulk of the use?

All I use in living room. Roku stick in bedroom because that TV has a MHL port.

I only use Amazon, Netflix and WatchESPN, Fire is just fine. Be curious to see what the update brings that is coming.

Why get a fire when everything they have is on a Roku ( and a lot more) ?

Also, Roku has Vudu (which has the best streaming of a 1080P movie), fire does not.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Also, Roku has Vudu (which has the best streaming of a 1080P movie), fire does not.

I agree get a Roku.

I would not waste time with either of those since I have an Android sat receiver that does more than Roku and Fire combined. :biggrin:biggrin:biggrin

If I was limited in options and had to get a "sheep" type streamer (Fire or Roku) hands down I'd get the Fire. It runs Android. Even without Google Play store I could still choose to sideload tens of thousands of Apps on it including Vudu but more important XBMC. In comparison Roku is extremely limited. You get their Apps and perhaps a handful of private channels or whatever they are called made by a very limited pool of developers.

Having had both, I agree. The Roku is at this point a better buy IMO>

I would not waste time with either of those since I have an Android sat receiver that does more than Roku and Fire combined. :biggrin:biggrin:biggrin

If I was limited in options and had to get a "sheep" type streamer (Fire or Roku) hands down I'd get the Fire. It runs Android. Even without Google Play store I could still choose to sideload tens of thousands of Apps on it including Vudu but more important XBMC. In comparison Roku is extremely limited. You get their Apps and perhaps a handful of private channels or whatever they are called made by a very limited pool of developers.

Care to elaborate, curious as to what all the Android sat receiver will do.

Care to elaborate, curious as to what all the Android sat receiver will do.

I don't want to get the thread off topic but basically what we have is a FTA satellite receiver running rooted Android 4.2.2. It does way more than a Fire (you can yell Gary Busey at it too) and can run nearly any Android App so you can do Vudu, Netflix or thousands of other things with it. Think of it as a satellite receiver and an unlocked super Fire all in one box. Search for Amiko A3 here and you'll find several threads about it.

Reactions: Scott Greczkowski

I have a PC that I just rebuilt that I only use for XBMC which is pretty f'ing great, can find any TV Show or movie on it, just don't know how legal it is.

Because of XBMC I almost became a cord cutter and called up Comcast to cancel Cable TV but keep Broadband, but they gave me another price break to keep it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts