Amazon buys popular comic book app platform Comixology

Comixolgy is a cool app but their prices seem pretty high to a comic book novice like myself. I was never in to them as a kid and The Walking Dead is the only series I have really read as an adult. I read Compendium 1 which consists of the first 48 issues on my iPad and I have been looking for a decent price on Compendium 2. The iBooks store has it for $39.99 which seems expensive until you check prices elsewhere.

Comixology and the Amazon kindle store don't even sell a digital version of the compendiums. Amazon has it in paperback for $35 but I would rather have it on my iPad. I priced out the volumes containing the same issues as compendium 2 on Comixology and it would cost me $119.92 to get an equivalent package to what iBooks is selling for $39.99.

My roommate from my college days is a huge comic book fan and he swears by Comixology. He buys several books a month from them and is already upset that Amazon bought them out. I had no idea that a comic book habit was so expensive until I started looking into this stuff. Maybe this Amazon purchase will actually bring prices down like their kindle store did for regular books.

Comixology is much more widespread and overall a better experience than other apps (outside of downright pirating the comics themselves), excited to see this become part of the Amazon family.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts