Amazon claims it has surpassed Hulu to become third largest video site

I'd rather have Netflix and Hulu then AmazonVOD. Still have a valid SUB to Amazon until November but I find the selection horrible cpmpared to Netflix.
We only use it to see the Backyardigans for the little guy

My usage changes based on the time of year. During baseball season MLB.tv is by far my most used streaming service. The rest of the year it would be Netflix. I probably use iTunes for PPV movie rentals and TV season passes more than my Amazon Prime account too. For the next couple months HBO Go will be getting a lot more use in my house than Amazon as well. I'm subscribing for a couple months to watch the new season of Game of Thrones, Veep, and Silicon Valley. I'm using it to catch up on the latest season of Eastbound and Down and True Detective while I have it too.

Amazon Prime does have a few shows I can't get anywhere else and I do use it for those. I'm going to jump in to Justified and Falling Skies and try to finish them up before my Prime is set to renew in September so I can decide if I want to keep it or not. If it was available on my Apple TV like all my other most used streaming services I'm sure I would use it more. Using it on my Xbox One is slower and clunkier than I would like. I get that Apple doesn't want another PPV rental service on it's device to compete with iTunes. It would be nice if they would give us access to the Prime portion even if they block the PPV though.

I no longer have traditional pay TV. Even with all of my content coming in the form of OTA and streaming I'm finding that I don't really use Amazon enough to justify the $100 per year. If they add in the unlimited music streaming service that has been rumored that would probably change my mind but right now I think Amazon Prime's days are numbered in my house.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)