amazon firestick

tkillian

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2021
winnsboro louisiana
ok. let's try this on. a dude on another forum said he has a canadian firestick and this last winter he took his stick to florida and it worked fine showing canadian programming all winter. what's wrong with this picture? there's always a catch.

ok. let's try this on. a dude on another forum said he has a canadian firestick and this last winter he took his stick to florida and it worked fine showing canadian programming all winter. what's wrong with this picture? there's always a catch.
I haven't found anything specific that makes Firesticks purchased from Amazon Canada any different from the ones sold in the US. US RV'ers traveling to Canada often use Firesticks and Canadian RV'ers traveling in the US use them as well. I have friends that have traveled to Mexico, Europe, and Asia that have used their Firesticks pretty much anywhere they had Internet service.

Maybe his Prime account is based on whatever country Amazon account is your main account, and follows that. His would be Amazon.ca, versus our Amazon.com

Reactions: Josephinelcajon
Your original was based on a Canadian who traveled on vacation. Now you have completely changed the situation and I will not be involved in it.
heaven forbid someone is interested in canadian culture, sports and news. sitting on your high horse in canada you have no problem accessing all the american channels you can stomach. you get cbs, abc, nbc , fox but i can;t watch ctv and cbc?

This a joke. There is no Canuck culture. The big three(Bell,Rogers and Shaw) only exist to simsub. We live in area that I can see City Ctv and Global if on the roof. But why? No CBC since digital in one of dense popular areas (SW Ontario). Easier to get US stations.
The point is anyone under the age of 25 gets their stuff online. Ask my 14 year old what CTV is and you may as well ask who Galileo was.

Rant over

side note - firestick is really android based and can sideload anything you want, if you know how

I think it's relevant that there seems to be no "Canadian version" or other country specific versions beyond possible documentation language differences. A Canadian purchased Firestick works perfectly well in the US, just as US purchased Firesticks perfectly well in Canada. Any differences would be in the apps installed that may include geo-fencing for logins, usage, etc. If you're in the US and know how to defeat those protections to receive Canadian programming, that's up to you.

Thanks Scott but I cant see how they can improve other than faster CPU na more Ram.
You are right, there is no difference between Can and US models. Apps default according to location when installed.

heaven forbid someone is interested in canadian culture, sports and news. sitting on your high horse in canada you have no problem accessing all the american channels you can stomach. you get cbs, abc, nbc , fox but i can;t watch ctv and cbc?
Ummm, Josephine is from San Diego, California...

Last edited:
  • Haha
side note - firestick is really android based and can sideload anything you want, if you know how

Exactly. All you need to do is research.
We do the same with the Nvidia Shield pro, and Amazon firecube.
Works like a charm.
People need to research this out on their own.
Youtube has many tutorials on it.

Folks yes it can be done, some of it is a gray area, and other ways of doing it are just plain illegal. Because we work with the satellite companies we don't want to promote that kind of thing here. But as mentioned above lots of places to find that info. :)

Thanks for your understanding!

Folks yes it can be done, some of it is a gray area, and other ways of doing it are just plain illegal. Because we work with the satellite companies we don't want to promote that kind of thing here. But as mentioned above lots of places to find that info. :)

Thanks for your understanding!
This is exactly why I replied the way I did. The original question was drastically changed from an innocent vacationer to someone trying to bypass a system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 10)

Latest posts