Amazon Gift Card

Scott Corbett

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 1, 2005
SE NC
When I signed up with Dish (Sep 9, 2011) I was entitled to a $100 Amazon gift card. I have been unable to get this. My emails go unanswered and my phone calls have produced nothing. I was with DirecTV for over 15 years and there was a person fairly high up that was available for solving things like this. I forget her name and email address. Does such a person exist at Dish?
Thanks.

When I signed up with Dish (Sep 9, 2011) I was entitled to a $100 Amazon gift card. I have been unable to get this. My emails go unanswered and my phone calls have produced nothing. I was with DirecTV for over 15 years and there was a person fairly high up that was available for solving things like this. I forget her name and email address. Does such a person exist at Dish?
Thanks.

Can you please PM me your account information so that I can look into this for you?

I just saw a new offer for a $200 Amazon Gift Card. It made me want to go ahead and sign up, but I'm a bit leery if others have had a problem receiving their rebate.

I just saw a new offer for a $200 Amazon Gift Card. It made me want to go ahead and sign up, but I'm a bit leery if others have had a problem receiving their rebate.
Thanks to Zach it is supposedly straightened out now and I should get it in 2-4 weeks.

Maybe not. The actual activation date falls within the $200 promo period!

EDIT: Looking at the Dish Amazon page now, I see it went back to $100. WTF????? But, Amazon still says $200 on their site.

EDIT EDIT: If I use a different browser, it does show $200. So, it's probably the old promo graphic is in that browser's cache.

Zach (IRT) is looking into why I never got the authorization email after activating. I am assuming that since my activation falls into the current promo period, I am eligible for the current $200 promo.

Last edited:
Well here it is November 30 and I am still getting "call back in 7 to 10 days". I don't believe that Dish is this incompotent, it has to be policy. I saw an email address for the CEO of Dish somewhere in this forum, can someone provide that for me. Thanks.

Upset

i signed up for the dish service with the $200 Amazon Gift card and had it installed 11-30-11 but when i tried to get the reward i was told that i was not getting it because i did not enter the correct offer code. I am so disappointed because i went through the site which entered the code automatically. I switched from my service provider cox to dish and actually like dish service but i am disappointed and upset with the dishonesty of DISH. I feel like i was scammed!! I was also leery about the rebate and my fear was well founded!!!!

i signed up for the dish service with the $200 Amazon Gift card and had it installed 11-30-11 but when i tried to get the reward i was told that i was not getting it because i did not enter the correct offer code. I am so disappointed because i went through the site which entered the code automatically. I switched from my service provider cox to dish and actually like dish service but i am disappointed and upset with the dishonesty of DISH. I feel like i was scammed!! I was also leery about the rebate and my fear was well founded!!!!

If you PM me your account number so I can take a look and see what is going on and help get this resolved.

Is there any way to check the status of the amazon gift card online? I signed up on 12/15, called a couple of days ago. The rep told me I would just have to wait, she said she didn't have any information on the status.

Is there any way to check the status of the amazon gift card online? I signed up on 12/15, called a couple of days ago. The rep told me I would just have to wait, she said she didn't have any information on the status.

If you can PM me with your account information I would be able to assist you with this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)