Amazon Internal Policy Update (no more price adjustment refunds)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixos

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 12, 2015
Sacramento
Yesterday i ordered a sensor from amazon for $59.99 sold and shipped by amazon and picked free sameday shipping. In two hours when i went back to check the price, new price was $50.99. I didn't worry since amazon always refund me the difference in the past as long as you call or email or chat with them in seven days and seller is amazon. So I gave them a call and asked for price difference refund. First rep was nice and after checking the price difference, she tried to issue the refund of the difference but couldn't so she transferred me to her supervisor. Her supervisor informed me of a internal policy change happened a week ago and there will be no price adjustments, refunds or one time courtesy refunds at this point. I asked him what to do and he told me the only way is return the item and reorder it. Big disappointment. No big deal i lost 8 or 9 bucks but amazon seems to get more and more greedy. I wanted to give you guys a heads up. Think twice and check prices very carefully. Or add the item in your cart and watch the prices for a day or so before ordering.
Most reps are not informed yet about this policy change so only they figure out when they try to issue a price adjustment.

Seems to me it will cost them more money in the long run if true.

Agree but i think they are charging now for returns. Except the item you bought is not working or broken during shipment. Just stupid.

Yesterday i ordered a sensor from amazon for $59.99 sold and shipped by amazon and picked free sameday shipping. In two hours when i went back to check the price, new price was $50.99. I didn't worry since amazon always refund me the difference in the past as long as you call or email or chat with them in seven days and seller is amazon. So I gave them a call and asked for price difference refund. First rep was nice and after checking the price difference, she tried to issue the refund of the difference but couldn't so she transferred me to her supervisor. Her supervisor informed me of a internal policy change happened a week ago and there will be no price adjustments, refunds or one time courtesy refunds at this point. I asked him what to do and he told me the only way is return the item and reorder it. Big disappointment. No big deal i lost 8 or 9 bucks but amazon seems to get more and more greedy. I wanted to give you guys a heads up. Think twice and check prices very carefully. Or add the item in your cart and watch the prices for a day or so before ordering.
Most reps are not informed yet about this policy change so only they figure out when they try to issue a price adjustment.
Call again..I had a similar issue on a customer chat..when I got a European rep the issue was resolved rather than the 1 hour argument with the Indian rep..they don't use fake names

I did same answer. After second rep tried to issue a refund, she had to ask her supervisor and came back same answer. They told me they did the policy change a week ago so not many people aware of it yet.

I don´t like that change. I´ve benefited from that policy in the past.

I just checked and the option is still there for problems with payments, price changed on website.

But from what I read above, sounds like they will not honor that policy anymore. Bad thing.

I only did price adjustment couple times and when the difference is worth the call and i spent thousands every month so i think i am a good customer. We will hear about this more soon. It is still too new.

I learned not to waste time on chats with them, just shot emails.

One time they did a price adjustment for me, on item with price drop outside the 7 day window, I had bought it something like 8 months before, and the price drop was 10 bucks, they were very nice in giving me back that amount.

That was the first time I went for the price adjustment, I didn´t know about the 7 day rule, :oops:

First it was 30 days then 7 days and now no more. Good old days. I will still buy from amazon but like i said google the price then add it to my cart and wait for couple days.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJdish
Strangely I just received a price drop refund from Amazon without asking for it or even knowing the price had dropped. I pre-ordered a video game called Overwatch which I received yesterday. Today they ran a special for the game and sent me an email to let me know they would be refunding the $12 difference.

Reactions: TheKrell and KE4EST
I would think that pre-ordering would be different, than buying something that the vendor just decides to change the price.

I would think that pre-ordering would be different, than buying something that the vendor just decides to change the price.

They do still advertise their pre-order price guarantee. If the price drops between when you order and when the product is released you automatically get the lowest price. The situation I described was a little different though. The game I ordered was released and delivered to my door yesterday. The discount didn't start until today but I was still refunded the price difference without even asking for it.

I just went through this yesterday. Bought an item where 2 days later it dropped $20 and they would not give me the difference. Pre orders are different which wasn't my case.

Getting used to this new way of doing things.

I shopped around for an item, found it, waited, the price went up (I have this feeling that sometimes the more I click on an item, say to read reviews, check the price, the price goes up), so I waited, and when it went back to the original price I ordered it, I checked it later and the price was up again. So I guess my timing for ordering wasn't that bad.

On another item, I decided to go to another website and I ordered from there, the item did not arrive as scheduled, they gave me a refund, and the item arrived quite late, I notified them I already had a refund and now the item had arrived late, they told me to keep the item (i.e. for free).:biggrin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)