Amazon Prime Issues

king3pj

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jun 7, 2009
Michigan
Is anyone else having issues with Amazon Prime tonight? I was watching Orphan Black season 1 tonight. I watched two episodes back to back with good picture quality and 5.1 sound. Then I get to the season finale, excited to see how it ends and it won't play. That is a very frustrating place for problems to start.

I was watching on the Xbox One when this happened. When I try to play the finale it tells me I don't have rights to view the content. I tried 3 times and got the error message all 3 times. No big deal, I fired up the PS4 thinking the Xbox One was just glitching out. The Amazon Instant app won't even launch on the PS4. I see the logo for a second and then just a black screen.

At this point I'm starting to think something is wrong with Amazon or my internet connection. I pull out the iPad and launch the Amazon Instant app. I can use this to airplay to the Apple TV. The app loads up and everything looks fine until I actually try to play the season finale again. Then it gives me a pop up telling me to sign up for a free 30 day trial of prime.

What? I log in to amazon on a web browser. It's showing the prime logo in the top left and my subscription isn't scheduled to renew until September. Is anyone else having trouble or is something wrong with my account?

The Tigers rain delay just ended so I'm watching them with MLB.tv on the Apple TV in HD. Nothing appears to be wrong with my internet connection.

I'm guessing it's an amazon problem. I just tried to call into the amazon instant support center and it's telling me there is an estimated 45 minute wait time. It's just frustrating that this happened when I got to the finale after binge watching for the last week or so.

Watching last ep of OB now. No problems.

When I went back to the support page they had a message stating that they were aware that Amazon Instant was having problems. It sounds like it's probably fixed now but it's too late for me to watch tonight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts