Amazon Prime Video on Hopper 3 having sound issues.

shawsy65

Original poster
Sep 11, 2020
Wisconsin, USA
Hi all! I have had Dish for about 6 weeks. When we got it, I started using prime video right through the hopper. For a week and a half now I have had trouble with it. It started that there was no sound and it would not exit out without turning off the tv. Then it fixed itself for a couple of days, and now there is no sound but it does exit out. A little frustrating, since I hate having to switch to another AV input to watch Amazon on a Roku. Sounds works great on everything else, including YouTube. I have reset the hopper through the hopper. I have unplugged the hopper, checked for updates, and nothing fixes it except when it wants to. Any ideas or suggestion? Has this happened to anyone else.

Hi all! I have had Dish for about 6 weeks. When we got it, I started using prime video right through the hopper. For a week and a half now I have had trouble with it. It started that there was no sound and it would not exit out without turning off the tv. Then it fixed itself for a couple of days, and now there is no sound but it does exit out. A little frustrating, since I hate having to switch to another AV input to watch Amazon on a Roku. Sounds works great on everything else, including YouTube. I have reset the hopper through the hopper. I have unplugged the hopper, checked for updates, and nothing fixes it except when it wants to. Any ideas or suggestion? Has this happened to anyone else.

Hello, shawsy65. We have not seen reports of this issue with the Prime Video app but we would be happy to look further into this. Has there been any type of error message or error code starting with NW that has appeared when you have experienced these issues with the app?

If I go back several times then go forward I loose audio. If I rewind once then resume, the sound will return.

Another problem is closed caption.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Reactions: shawsy65
If I go back several times then go forward I loose audio. If I rewind once then resume, the sound will return.

Another problem is closed caption.

Hey bspei. We absolutely hate to hear that you're experiencing some issues with the Amazon Prime app on the Hopper 3. Are you getting any errors when the audio stops working?

Nope

We definitely would want to look further into this issue with you. As it will require access to your equipment information, we advise you chat in with us here.

Hello, shawsy65. We have not seen reports of this issue with the Prime Video app but we would be happy to look further into this. Has there been any type of error message or error code starting with NW that has appeared when you have experienced these issues with the app?
Thanks for the response. No, there has been no error messages. It looks like all is going to be fine, but then there is no sound. I have restarted, unplugged for five minutes, etc. It worked for the first couple of days, then nothing, then it worked. My wife said it was working the day before last. Very strange. There is sound in all programming and in you tube.

I too am having issues with Amazon prime. No audio. everything else, including netflix works fine. The local dish folks just swapped out my hopper so that is not the problem. Would love for Dish to look into this and come up with a fix. I am a new dish customer -- signed on in September and except for the the prime problem, it's been great.

It happens on Netflix and Amazon. It seems to be getting worse. Very annoying.

I haven't read all the way through this but are you by any chance using Wireless on the Hopper vs. Wired Ethernet? I'm using direct wired through my home network and I've not noticed any audio or video problems at all on Prime or Netflix. Hopper3 and Joey 4's. All Joey's connected via the MOCA cable, Hopper getting it's streaming from the wired Ethernet.

So, wireless latency maybe?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts