Amazon VOD Movie 1080p querstion

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Amazon VOD Movie 1080p question

I have the Roku 2 XD, was wondering what an "HD" movie with broadband is. I know when I download the files to the TiVo they are 1080p/24, but not sure what the streaming version is because they only list the data for SD.

Say Apollo 18 for example, if I were to rent that would it be 1080p/60(24) and stereo or 5.1?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I Amazon VOD is 720p

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=3748
To watch HD TV shows you need a powerful computer and a fast broadband connection (3.5 Mbits/sec or higher). Our 2.5 Mbps HD files are streamed in high-quality 720p resolution. We'll automatically detect your connection speed, send you the highest quality stream your connection can support, and display the stream quality on the video player. You'll know you have achieved HD when the HD on the connection bar turns blue.

If you look on Amazon's website on the streaming version there is a section (Video Format Details) that shows each type of viewing option what sound (like stereo or 5.1) and what bit rates are available. TiVo tends to have the highest bit rates for download.

Like for an example an episode season 3 of HD version of "The Middle" lists streaming at 2.5mb/s 720p stereo. On the TiVo it is 5.1 surround at 5mbit/sec.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)