AMAZONAS 1 / 2

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

AcWxRadar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 26, 2006
40 miles NW of Omaha. Omaha?
Using AZBox Premium Plus with 0.9.5020 firmware...

Channels on Amazonas 2 TP 11810 MHz HOR, SR 27500 have changed.

I lost my signal lock from AMAZONAS 2 PROMO, Coptic TV and TV-Polmusic.

I rescanned using BLIND SCAN for FTA channels ONLY but did not log them back in.

I rescanned again using BLIND SCAN with the option to include encrypted channels and these three channels were then logged in on TP 11730 MHz HOR, SR 27494. They are still FTA (not encrypted) but I could not log them in without scanning for encrypted channels.

A little strange FYI. Anyone else monitoring this sat experience the same?

EDIT: I should note that my signal Quality has now skyrocketed to 100% on TP 11730 HOR! Picked up a few new TPs as well - with 100%Q, but no channels logged in from them, yet.

RADAR

Last edited:
Yes, it looks like that mux has moved. They scan in fine on my Coship 3188c. TSReader shows a CA pid as Irdeto. But it's not active. Maybe that's why the AZbox thinks it's encrypted.
There are three data muxes on the satellite: 11893 V 27000, 11934 V 27000 and 12132 V 27000.

Yes, it looks like that mux has moved. They scan in fine on my Coship 3188c. TSReader shows a CA pid as Irdeto. But it's not active. Maybe that's why the AZbox thinks it's encrypted.
There are three data muxes on the satellite: 11893 V 27000, 11934 V 27000 and 12132 V 27000.

Photoman,

Those are the same TPs that I am detecting (just slightly different values on the frequencies 11889 V 26997, 11930 V 26997 and 12131 V 269970), but they are obviously the same.
They are extremely strong signals for me, pegging my quality meter.

RADAR

When I first found the new frequency a few days ago, all three channels showed up as UNencrypted on the SatHawk, but Polmusic didn't play. (Didn't light the encryption light though, which is weird since I know the SatHawk detects Irdeto.) As of yesterday, Polmusic was back in the clear. I'm surprised that it was, actually, since somewhere I read that it was a free preview until the 15th. I haven't checked it today.

I had lost them here too and got them on the new TP a couple days ago. I did a scan for all channels, so I can't comment on whether they showed on FTA only.

Polmusic and Coptic TV aren't even encrypted now, they're just gone. I had heard that Polmusic was only on a free preview, but that begs the question of where the subscription version is...

CGN showed up on Amazonas though, as well as on Hispasat. They're everywhere now, it seems.

CGN has a banner with hispasat 1d parameters (11972H 27500 5/6 same were russian 1TV was). I think this Amazonas signal is only temporary at 11834V 2220. strong signal on both birds.

You never know with evangelicals. Sometimes they really saturate the spectrum. Take for example EWTN's radio channel, WEWN. Shortwave fans say that it stands for "We're EveryWhere Now", because you can't tune around and NOT run into them on a band.

Status
Please reply by conversation.