amazonas 2

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Roger I hope you find more than I did, I was curious about that one last night and ran my motorized ku dish over to it. It scanned in 3 channels but wouldn't display any of them. Of course that was with a standard linear lnbf. Might get more with a universal, plus I don't think I have a very clear shot through the trees to that satellite anyway-I can get to 63 with the motorized dish but its iffy due to the trees.

I have 3 channels - an informational feed about Amazonas 2, Coptic TV (foriegn language religious channel) and Polmusic, a European music channel that occasionally plays some English music videos too. There were some feeds a couple weeks back when there was that international meeting in Cancun. I scan it every few days to see if there's anything new. If you have a circular LNB find the Dish bird at 61.5 and then you can fine tune with a linear from there.

And welcome to SatelliteGuys Roger!

larobpa I could scan in those 3 channels but nothing was there when I went to display them! No signal quality whatsoever, so I don't know how the receiver was picking up the channels......just a quirk I guess.

I get the same 3 viewable channels from Amazonas 2. My Viewsat says the signals are from 97w, but I dont believe there are sidelobes that far our from 97. I'm using a Winegard 2076 and a SG2100 motor with QPH-031.

Polmusic - the website says " for the next 90 days" receive free - - - and the telephone number is a cell # in NY state. Now, we have a lot of poles in this area --?? Sometimes I'd like to understand the language. On the other hand, I'm probably glad I don't understand it.
Oh- to answer your question, 11809 H 27496 ku or 3630 H 2785 are the 2 I suggest. And yeah, check out dishpointer.com for aiming. It's been "right on" for me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)