AMC 1 COZI-TV help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wpcj

Original poster
Jul 4, 2012
Albion, PA
I went out to the T90 Wave Frontier Ku-dish today and set up an LNB for AMC 1. I set the -20 Deg skew. Then went inside to the OPENBOX S10 and did a search. I found 20 Free TV channels and 104 Radio channels but can not find COZI-TV.

I am getting NBC Central, East, West and Mount clear as day. I can also get the Huntington Beach East and West.

Anyone have any ideas as what I can do to get COZI-TV?

Thank you in advance for your time.

Cozi is NOT an easy transponder to get and keep. I had to install a 1.2 meter dish, and even now it still sometimes pixelates at certain times.

I have heard there are some receivers that can't get that channel without a firmware upgrade, but I can't right now remember if the Openbox s10 is one of them. Try doing a Google search on that. If others say it works for them, then I'd suggest trying your lnb at other skews and see what happens.

Cozi comes in fine with 1.2m dish here in socal with no breakups at all.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I'm using a Satav SL1PLL lnb, with the MicroHD receiver. My 1.2m Prodelin dish that's fixed on this sat is slightly "signal-shaded" so not gathering as much signal as it should be able to do. That causes pixelation at certain times once in a great while, for maybe 1/2 hr. At least that's my theory. I really can't move it right now, but I may eventually be able to raise it up higher a bit, and I think that will cure it permanently.

Manually enter the transponder into your receiver, and then make very minor positioning adjustments to the LNB. Hopefully that will bring it in. I get 11760 (West) the strongest, then 11840 (Cozi) at slightly less strength, then 11880 (East) weakest at just slightly above pixelation level (or sometimes below, might need to do a slight adjustment, again). IIRC, at one time 11840 (Cozi) was the strongest for me, but to get 11880 (East) I had to adjust the LNB slightly. There was very little loss on 11760 (West), but 11840 (Cozi) suffered big time, and had to do a trade-off where 11880 (East) would just barely come in (don't watch it much, if at all), but the loss to 11840 (Cozi) was as minimal as possible so as not to get it even close to the pixelation/loss level.

For Anole: Fortec Star Univeral LNB about 3 1/2 degrees off-centre on a 80cm dish.

I am receiving COZI with a 90cm dish and DMX522 LNBF. Most of the time the signal is just above the breakup point, but if there is any weather then the signal is lost. (currently on GeoSat microHD signal 90, Quality 71) The beach cams are good for finding the satellite, as they are DVB signals with an error correction of 3/4. They do need as much signal to come in as COZI. COZI is in DVB-S2 format with error correction of 5/6. You need a much cleaner signal for it to lock. The NBC West signal (for me) has a slightly better quality reading. Have you tried tweeking your LNBF placement and skew? A small movement cans make a great difference with DVB-S2 signals.

1.2m CM and an el-cheapo 'bay LNBF. 24/7 reliable with the Q varying from around 60 to 74 on COZI and the S9. Beach cam is Q 70 to 78. Think that's a bit low as I haven't tuned up that dish since last fall.

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]I have no problem getting the beach also have NBC W, C, M, and E, but for the life of me I cant find COZI TV.[/FONT]

wpcj, COZI needs the dish peaked as much as possible for it to come in. I had an error in my previous post that makes a huge difference...... (sorry for the missing word.... did not notice it untill just now)
I am receiving COZI with a 90cm dish and DMX522 LNBF. Most of the time the signal is just above the breakup point, but if there is any weather then the signal is lost. (currently on GeoSat microHD signal 90, Quality 71) The beach cams are good for finding the satellite, as they are DVB signals with an error correction of 3/4. They do not need as much signal to come in as COZI. COZI is in DVB-S2 format with error correction of 5/6. You need a much cleaner signal for it to lock. The NBC West signal (for me) has a slightly better quality reading. Have you tried tweeking your LNBF placement and skew? A small movement cans make a great difference with DVB-S2 signals.
You have the other DVB-S2 mux as well as the DVB mux coming in, try moving the LNBF closer/farther from the reflector to see if it makes a difference. Do you see any signal/quality on the COZI transponder? Might also have to check or move the dish or second reflector surface to peak the dish. A small movement may make the difference. You have two reflector surfaces that need to be in perfect alignment as well as LNBF placement.

Between rains this afternoon I managed to get my 1m dish that is parked on 103 tweaked out again, and got cozi back at 88/88. From the looks of the treeline though, I believe I will need to remove some offenders tomorrow with the Husqevarna, they look to be right on the edge of blocking my view of 103W.

I first tried WS International Model #: ESX521FE, then tried SPITFIRE ELITE 0.1dB Ku, the one that did work was Universal Quad Four 4 Output Linear LNBF 0.2db. I would have thought out of all of them the Spitfire would have worked.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)