AMC -14 Info

mdonnelly - where is E6 curently located, and is it being used at all or is it a spare, and lastly does it have any spot beam capibilities.

mdonnelly - where is E6 curently located, and is it being used at all or is it a spare, and lastly does it have any spot beam capibilities.
It is a spare at 110.4, doesn't have spotbeams and doesn't need them. AMC-14 didn't have spotbeams either. E12 (Rainbow 1) at 61.5 has plenty of spotbeams.

They need a CONUS satellite at 61.5 to replace E3, which has at least two bad transponders and power problems.

Dish filed with the FCC to move E6 to 77w, probably as a part of the Eastern Arc plan. I believe that it's more urgent to have a good satellite at 61.5 right now.

Thanks for the info. One more question, about how long would it take to move E6 to 61.5? Are we talking days, weeks or months?

Thanks for the info. One more question, about how long would it take to move E6 to 61.5? Are we talking days, weeks or months?
The move to 77W hasn't been approved yet. E* would have to amend that request for a move to 61.5. It would take a couple of weeks once approval is granted for any move. I don't see E* changing this move to 77W. This is part of the Eastern Arc plan and moving E6 to 61.5 would require E* to rethink/postpone the entire plan. E3 is still operational although at a reduced capacity. I think E* will try and lease another sat to go to 61.5 and replace E3.

Well either way they should look at trying to get some of their other new Sat's pushed ahead to get them launched earlier..

According to the SATS 8-K filing after the launch failure, they made an upfront payment in excess of $40Million dollars to SES for the lease and had procured insurance to cover substantially all of those upfront payments. They are not obligated to make any future lease payments unless the satellite is placed into proper orbit.

I am curious if SES Americom owes DISH for any damages and/or leased transponders. Most rental agreements have a clause for that case. Didn't DISH make a deposit for the allocation of transponder space. Just curious.

They gave Dish a launch upgrade voucher. :D

Didn't DISH make a deposit for the allocation of transponder space. Just curious.

I'm sure they will get their deposit back, if not, they can call the troubleshooter at their local TV station, he/she will get their money for them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts