AMC 14 Status?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Bradtothebone

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 12, 2003
KC Area
I see on N2YO that AMC 14's orbit is getting closer to circular (30,000 x 36,000 km +/-) and closer to equatorial. Makes me wonder about a few things:

1. Who owns it?
2. Who is controlling it?
3. Is it healthy?
4. Is there any chance at all that E* could still lease it from the present owner if they can get it to 61.5?

I know that at one time the Government was going to buy it, but I don't know if that ever happened. If they didn't, I presume the insurance co owns it?

Brad

I'm pretty sure it's confirmed from some filing: the government owns it. I heard that to save fuel, they will leave it in an inclined orbit. Useless for us. I doubt if they took the inclination to zero there would be much fuel. I have no clue what the government plans to do with it.

HDRoberts is right. AMC 14 is still at an inclination of nearly 15 degrees. A circular orbit at geosync altitude is better than it was earlier... But it won't be geostationary without a 0 deg inclination. The owner probably has a number of tracking antennas. That is what you would need to use that satellite in an inclined orbit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts