AMC -14 story gets more interesting

"They (SES) would specifically like to prevent the vehicle from being bought by Echostar, the customer that originally intended to lease AMC-14 from SES," sources told SpaceDaily

Hum...

Maybe we should give up on satellites. Run fiber to everyone's home, quit polluting the orbital environment, quit polluting the RF environment, and exemplify the only appealing solution to the Fermi Paradox.

If I was Echostar I would be fuming...

Not really. E* doesn't have any real skin in the game, they're just looking to pick up some short-term capacity cheap if SES does write it off. It would be interesting to see how much of a loss that SES is willing to take on it just to keep it out of Echostar's hands.

That is intersting...Would be funny if the goverment ended up being a middle man. Buying moving it and then selling it to try and stop a lawsuit.

To me it seems like SES is acting like a kid in this case, they don't want to salvage the satellite, nore do they want anyone else to do it for them. whats funny is they are trying to pull a fast one by the insurance agency and the government (DOD) and Echo star isn't allowing them to do it as they all have been in negotiations with the insurance Carrier to save the bird. IF it was allowed and the satellite had a useful life and SES was proven wrong that would be a huge embarrassment to them. I'm all for saving the bird and allowing echo star to use it if it has useful life.

Why is SES so dammed on collecting the insurance if there is life left on the bird.

Last edited:
I've Been Waiting To Say This For A While Now. If It's Not Ready For Prime Time,and You're Commited To Release,what Do You Do? Read Between The Lines And You'll See What I See.

I see that it would be a lot easier to read your posts if you did not capitalize the first letter of each word.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)