AMC-15 launch info..

nhs510

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 31, 2004
Wake Forest, NC
so much for late-August...

http://newsfromrussia.com/science/2004/07/20/55118.html

"Scheduled for September are two launches, one from Baikonur and the other from Plesetsk. The launch of the Proton-M booster mounting the AMC-15 telecommunications satellite from Baikonur is scheduled for September 15, while the exact launch date of the Defense Ministry's Kosmos rocket has not been set, however the booster is to be launched from Plesetsk in September.

October will witness four launches, three from Baikonur and one from Plesetsk. The Soyuz-TMA manned spacecraft heading for the International Space Station is to start from Baikonur on October 9. The same spaceport will see the launch of the Proton-M carrying the AMC communications satellite on October 15."

So question for those in the know -- when do you think this thing will be operational?

Thanks for the info...at least its a concrete date vs "sometime in september". I want my 105 to blast off past 55 on signal strength. At least this should help against some rain fade issues i have.

riski said:
Thanks for the info...at least its a concrete date

Concrete date? The first part of the message says September 15 the other part says October 15.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts