AMC 3 @ 87 degrees and mpeg 4

Status
Please reply by conversation.
my Openbox arrived on the 24th. i had a 5 lnb setup i tried it with, the furthest outside lnb bieng c-87. I could not get away with it for the s2 tps. If i dialed one it, I would lose the other, it was too tp sensitive. My bud is about 8ft(maybe closer to 7.5) and after putting my best c-lnb back in the center, i had to tweak things a bit, but settled in to about a 70q on the s2 sigs for bird 82. I was not able to get all the s2 tps that lyngsat listed on other birds though. most.
I gotta say, i love this new box.

kodaz

There is a typo in my last post. i meant to say 70 q on 87. to the best of my knowledge, there is no c-band on 82.
sorry.

I got a sonicview hd800 and an old 6' c-band dish off kijiji and i was told it has a sonicview a1 8psk module. the guy said it should work for AMC3 (MPEG-4) but he could not get at his house because he thinks the dish is to small. So can the sonicview hd800 get MPEG-4 with the A1 8psk module ? and is the 6' dish to small or will it work ? also another guy told me that the A1 8psk module is only for hacking
and would not work but the guy I got the hd800 from said it was only used for C-band and K/U and still has the factory software on it. any help would be great Thanks !

There is NO DVB-S2 support with the Sonicview HD8000 or via any add-on module as this receiver was primarily designed for satellite piracy. The A1 8PSK module is useless for legitimate FTA so you can throw it out and the receiver itself will only receive DVB-S QPSK 4.2.0.

Thanks pwrsurge I only want true F.T.A. and i have a pansat 2300 for AMC9 and other k/u sats. so off to the recycling center the hd800 goes. Now will the 6' foot dish work or to small? if it will work I will start looking for a mpeg-4 receiver and it would be nice to have HD FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)