amc 3 pbs stations

Status
Please reply by conversation.

drhydro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 19, 2004
I am having a problem tonight with very low signal quality (cant lock) on the pbs stations off of amc 3 EXCEPT for montana pbs. Anyone else having this problem?

Wow! YES!

All way low! Montana PBS is at 75% quality!

But the others are at around 35% Black screen"! "Bad or scrambled!

On 12110 Str. 58 / Qual 63 which is low for my Digiwave 7000 (1m dish), but I can still lock to the signal. On 12128 Str 58 / Qual 60, 12163 Str 58 / Qual 98, and WYDN on 12140 I get no lock at all. Is WYDN gone?

Amc 3 Pbs

drhydro said:
I am having a problem tonight with very low signal quality (cant lock) on the pbs stations off of amc 3 EXCEPT for montana pbs. Anyone else having this problem?

Yes, Ive lost signal quality also. Montana went from around 80 percent quality to about 65. My pbs stations went from about 45 down to about 15.
This happened the other day. Haven't repositioned to see if they came back today, Sat. 29th. Does anybody know if they are going to return? Or why this happened. I'm using a fortec 36" dish. Just got it and was worried that it was bent. Should I be able to get better than 45 sig. qual. with this dish on the pbs birds? Using a .4 db fortec lnb?
Thanks
Thomas

Hello and WELCOME to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum!

I use a 36" dish and 0.3dB LNBF and get better signals than that, but not tonight : (

Where are you in the country?

I'm fairly new to this hobby, and was wondering what lnb to use to receive the other pbs stations in the digici format with a 2700a. Will a universal lnb work or do I need something else. Thanks
Thomas

Those stations are now back at their normal S.Q. veryyyyyyyy strange.....

I notice last night that those channels had again dropped s.q. significantly. Someone must be playing around with some knobs and dials at the uplink center ;-)

Back up to normal levels again. me thinks some one has been feeding the uplink engineers "special" brownies :D

Low of 30-29% for me on Montana PBS.
Also as anyone checked IA8 i was gettting great quality(75-60%) last night but today everything is low 30% the weather outside is not great but normaly get good qulity even with this type of weather.

Thanks,

Tony :)

s.q. is varying on these from night to night, some nights high and some nights low. I am noticing this on both my fixed 40" pstar pointed at amc 3, and on my BUD. I can still lock all of the pbs channels in on both dishes tho, so i cant really complain.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)