AMC 4 101W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Swamp_Rat

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 3, 2009
South Florida
I am trying to do a blind scan on amc4 with a pansat 3500 and am not getting any transponders.
I have tried standard 10750 and Universal settings, disecq setting is correct. I can get 99 and 103 and it is on the arc from 61.5 through 123 and getting all the Ku inside that (haven't tried outside of that) even though it could use a little tweaking. I can do a TP scan on 11983 and get Esperanza and the Hope channel with a quality close to 60 stable and locked.
I am in south Florida with 1 meter Winegard.
Anybody got and ideas?

Thanks,

Marty

I don't know the receiver too well, but Hope and Esperanza are almost 99% on my Fortec, so you may have to fine tune a little bit more.

Can you scan the TP for 3ABN? It's 11822H, 5700 SR It's the strongest one on there.

It is funny, the scan seems to take forever on this sat compared to the others. I know it needs a bit of tweaking, but as I said I am picking up everything else. I don't know how strong those two are but threshold on that Pansat is around 30% I think so it is good and solid but didn't pick them up on a blind scan. Just not sure what to make of it.

It is funny, the scan seems to take forever on this sat compared to the others. I know it needs a bit of tweaking, but as I said I am picking up everything else. I don't know how strong those two are but threshold on that Pansat is around 30% I think so it is good and solid but didn't pick them up on a blind scan. Just not sure what to make of it.

Did you look for something in the line of sight blocking 101? For example in my side yard location, 101/103/105 are mostly behind my chimney. If something is close enough to the dish and precisely in line with AMC4 it could be blocking it. Otherwise if your dish gets 99&103 loud and clear, you shouldn't have any issues on 101 and it would seem like a receiver issue.

I will look at it when I get home. I know there is nothing blocking it.
I will check the settings, but am sure they are correct. I can't understand why the scan is so slow in comparison to all the others. It takes twice as long and coming up with no transponders. Doing a transponder scan I do get Hope Channel and Esperanza. Is the transponder they are on very strong by chance?

Pansat 3500sd. Blind scan is usually fairly quick.
Could I be out of memory with too many sats or channels?

Thanks for all the help guys!

possibly...I know the Pansats can have transponder overload. Here is what I did with my 1500
-on each C-Band satellite I removed all the transponders but one
-on the KU sats that I blind scan alot I make sure to clean them out too except for one active tranponder

That usually solves the issue but as noted above, the religious channels on AMC4 are very strong (99 quality or near it)

That could be it, I have some of these sats that have 70-80 transponders stored. Let me do a bit of housekeeping and see if that helps.

Thanks for the suggestions!

That could be it, I have some of these sats that have 70-80 transponders stored. Let me do a bit of housekeeping and see if that helps.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I really think that be your problem, had same experience with both a pansat 2700 and coolsat 5000. I have a lot of sats with 70 to 80 transponders listed. There is a limit, not only to how many satellites you can store, or the amount of channels, but also how many transponders you can have stored.

That was it guys! Did a little cleaning and now it is picking up transponders. I never ran into it before.

Thanks for all the help!

That was it guys! Did a little cleaning and now it is picking up transponders. I never ran into it before.

Thanks for all the help!

That just tells me you are really into True FTA, and possibly have blind scanned a thousand times over, or added manually extra transponders looking for feeds.

It took almost a year of me doing this, untill finally one day the reciever would not blind scan any new transponders. I have specs for the receivers stating how many sats you can have listed, or how many channels you can save. But no where is it mentioned that there is a limit to the amount of transponders. Found that out the hard way.

Thanks for all the help!

glad it was something simple ;)

after a weekend of blind scanning I usually clean out the "feeds" satellites in my list. The advantage of a Pansat is you can delete all but one transponder from a satellite and the chanels stay

My Coolsat 5000 doesn't...transponder gone...channels gone :(

I guess I had done a factory reset before I ran into this. I spend way more time fiddling with this than watching tv.
I put up my first c band in 1989, way before you would get accused of stealing and been into it ever since. I like the mechanical aspect as much as the feeds and back hauls.

Thanks again for all the help and I'm sure I will need more when the new BUD goes up in the next couple of weeks!

I have 2 of them and they work pretty dang good. One is fixed at G16 and the other is "ghetto moved" (moved by hand) to various sats

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts