AMC 4 KU problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

john dusek

SatelliteGuys Family
Supporting Founder
Mar 6, 2005
east bernard Texas
I have a Pancet 2500a connected thru my 4DTV with a 10 ft ant. I get beautiful reception on everything except at times on AMC 4 KU on New Abilities TV(Peoples network). AT times the quality goes from 80 to 0 and then back to 80. I was told to add a in line amp. and that seemed to help.I have a gain of 90 on my 4dtv and 80 or so on the level and 80 to a 100 on quality. When the quality goes from high to low,the level on the panset does not change nor does the 4dtv strenght. Most of the time the lows only last a second and then back to normal. Then at times the quality is so bad that I have to move the skew a bit.(the ant has not been moved) Now all the other channels on Horz, work ok all the time. The other channels must be stronger. I called the peoples network and talked to a teck, and he said that cell phone towers can interfear with their stations.(I have one down the road from me) He said since the other channels are a different freq they arent bothered. Have you ever heard of this? At times it will work 2 days perfect and then I might have to adjust it.(no wind) Does any one have this problem?

Yes I have the same thing happen with Kuil on amc 4 KU
i have to get off line now tell you what later when i get back on line

Sorry kid had to do home work.
Okay what i had to do to get it working i had to play with the polarity.Also how old it your lnb if it`s old get a new one

The lnb is new,as I just converted to Ku for my new FTA receiver. Whats weird is that is the only channel on any of the sats that give me trouble. Yesterday I had a 99 signal all day. When I do have the trouble with the New Abilities channel all the other horz channels(6 or 7 of them) around the New Abilities channel work perfect. At first I thought maybe it was not aliegned proper,but all other vertical and horz channels work fine on all the other sats. I am wondering if sometimes the channel itself is at fault and thats why I am trying to find out if any one else at times is having the same dropping out problem.

Weird! As this channel is one of my best signal qualities I get on AMC-4.

At around 65+ Quality all the time........

Hello,
Did you enter the frequency for this channel manually or from a blind scan?

I'm asking this because from my experience with a skystar2 dvb card (where all frequencies need to be entered manually) sometimes I need to tweak the frequency by 1-2 MHz especially on low signal rate channels, or I get the exact symptoms as you are getting. For example, if lyngsat lists People network at 11807, try 11806 or 11808, 11809 etc and see if it fixes it.

hope that helps!

tibeu, Will try that next time it acts up. For the last 2 days it has been 99%. I cant try it untill it acts up as when it is good it is always99% and I couldnt tell then if the change was helping or not.
Thanks to everyone for help. John

Tibeu,after 3 days of 99% quality,yesterday it finally acted up like going from 70 to 0 and then back to 70. I tried adjusting the freq,but that didnt seem to make a difference. I had a hard time adjusting it for a high of 70%,as it is usually 99% and every so often it would flicker 0 to 70. All other chanels were perfect. Maybe I am getting interfearince from the Cell tower.

Diamond Jim,am also having trouble with KUIL at your settings,but the next 4 channels up on Horz are perfect. (Hope Channel ect) Since they are higher frequency I wonder if that is why they work better. I really nead help,as I am not smart enought to figure this out. Also all the higher freq channels on Vertical are good (Dhamma,Vietnamese ect) The teck at New Abilities said it would take a spectrium analizer(bad spelling) to check if the towers are giving me trouble. I will check with my Sat man and see if he has one as I am willing to try anything.

I would invest in an Invacom LNBF, or even the ASC321s Standard LNBF. As it really makes a difference for me, add to that a slightly bigger dish (90cm if you don't have one right now) I use the ASC321s and the 90cm dish and get a signal Quality of 70% with no problems. You would think if the tower was the problem it would affect more than one channel, good luck with it as Kuil is defiantly getting. If you are using a Universal LNBF right now that may be your problem, only the very best perform as good as a standard. I am just back from a KU install and had to swap out the customers "DUFF" universal LNBF : )

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts