AMC-6 72W C Band

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

T4Runner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 3, 2010
37.0N 119.5W California
Does anyone know if there are any future plans for this satellite on the C Band side? It's mighty quiet up there on this sat.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

The SES web site only mentions the Ku band capacity on this satellite, no mention of its C band capacity. So for whatever reason, it seems they aren't making it available.

Well, it's close to EOL, and had solar panel problems back in 2010 IIRR (reason NASA and other services moved to other satellites) From Gunter's Space page:
GE 4 renamed after sale to AMC 4 COSAPAR-1999-060Alaunched 13.11.1999
So I don't really expect much to 'show up' there any longer.

Reactions: sgs
Does anyone know if there are any future plans for this satellite on the C Band side? It's mighty quiet up there on this sat.

The cable companies stay with "C" band because of signal is more consistent then "KU" band. Ie rain fading. They tried KU a few years ago and migrated back. I use 4DTV dsr-920 as a dish mover etc and HD openbox receiver on the "C" band. If you remap the 4dtv receiver opens extra channels audio and video. Can be subbed to cable channels.
See my AVATAR for 8.5 ft dish and 6 ft c/ku dishes.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

they've had to shut down many transponders on the bird due to satellite hardware issues, so you aren't likely to see much activity on C or Ku bands.

Reactions: T4Runner
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)