AMC 9 C band

Status
Please reply by conversation.

photoman76

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2005
SES Americom has ended their IP Prime IPTV service. They were using almost all C band transponders on AMC 9. I just checked it with the Broadlogic Spectrum analyzer and there are only two signals on there now. 22 transponders are empty. It will be interesting to see what they use AMC 9 C band for now. Half of the C band transponders on AMC 6 are already empty, so I'm not sure if AMC 9 will have much activity.

SES Americom has ended their IP Prime IPTV service. They were using almost all C band transponders on AMC 9. I just checked it with the Broadlogic Spectrum analyzer and there are only two signals on there now. 22 transponders are empty. It will be interesting to see what they use AMC 9 C band for now. Half of the C band transponders on AMC 6 are already empty, so I'm not sure if AMC 9 will have much activity.

That's always been a sat to keep an eye on. They had 2 transponders that weren't used by the IP stuff, and sometimes FTA video would pop up on those. I guess now the chances of that are better. :)
But thanks for the info. I always find that sat by tuning in one of those S2 signals, and if they're gone now, I would have been confused.

There is still a DVB-S2 signal on transponder 2, 3740 V 30000 for you to lock on.

Here is what AMC 9 looks like on the Broadlogic Spectrum Analyzer at this time.

Attachments

• AMC 9 H.jpg
    AMC 9 H.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 178
  • AMC 9 V.jpg
    AMC 9 V.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 169
There is still a DVB-S2 signal on transponder 2, 3740 V 30000 for you to lock on.

Yeah, I saw that. My Azbox locks it fine, but my TT3200 seems to have given up the ghost, and no longer wants to lock it.
EDIT: Nevermind, a reboot got it back.

Here is what AMC 9 looks like on the Broadlogic Spectrum Analyzer at this time.

Yep. First clip below is what my slow scan spectrum looked like. Just that one strange peak (or group of peaks... never have been able to figure that one out) in the middle.

Second slow scan below is what the horizontal side looked about 8 months ago, with 10 S2 signals, the strange peak, and another peak where I'd sometimes find FTA stuff.

In any event, that sat seems to have gone from 95% used down to virtually empty almost overnight. :( I had last checked it a couple weeks ago, and everything was still there.

Attachments

• amc9ch-803.jpg
    amc9ch-803.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 163
  • amc9-ch-109.jpg
    amc9-ch-109.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
I've never been able to figure out what that strange signal is either.

Later this year, SES Americom will launch AMC 5R to replace AMC 5. Unlike AMC 5, AMC 5R will have 24 C band transponders in addition to the ku transponders. So there will be 24 more C band transponders in the neighborhood.

Status
Please reply by conversation.