AMC 9, what else ;-)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dunnsept

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Central Meechigan
OK, I've found "something" in trying to get AMC9, but who knows what I've found.

can somebody please check for me? I can't find these on lyngsat anywhere, but should be in the right area for AMC9.. or at least close to it

I've got a spanish program at 11796H 4232. It's a reporter on the street, take after take after take.. pansat shows "DIGITAL SNG" for it.
then I've got "DEFAULT SERVICE" at 11802H 4232
right now it's a show of like an empty newsroom

strong signal on the pansat, right now around 65%.. but these are the only ones that the pansat found..

on a side note: my kids are now hooked on wild feeds.. they are rolling on the floor laughing at this spanish dude as he makes mistake after mistake..can't understand a word he says, but he's pretty entertaining

also, I am not sure I'm on AMC9 at all. I do not have the data TPs, but I do have 11845H 17800 but no channels are found on it

TIA

well, I think those were wild.. they're gone now.. but in looking at lyngsat I sure can't find a sat close by that lists TPs with those numbers.. a scan on vertical found 12222V 20000
which might indicate nimiq4.. but isn't that a circular sat for Bell?

pretty sure I was on nimiq4 at 82. bumped the dish a little and I have the data TPs now at 12160H 30k.. signal on 82 was very strong. Q was around 80%.. but the data TP on AMC9 I only get at around 48%.. sigh

My pansat shows 11797 H 4232 and it's one of the NBC news feeds has color bars right now which states "NBC News Channel AMC9 3F"

cool.. thanks.. I'll try to find that one..
I'm showing some odd TPs on there.. 11969H 8417 and 11845H 17800.. strong signals but it finds no channels there.. and the first TP is stronger than the data TPs

cool.. thanks.. I'll try to find that one..
I'm showing some odd TPs on there.. 11969H 8417 and 11845H 17800.. strong signals but it finds no channels there.. and the first TP is stronger than the data TPs

Yes, those transponders are AMC9 (and 11969, or 11971 as my Pansat scans it in as, is the strongest transponder I get on AMC9).

Yes, those transponders are AMC9 (and 11969, or 11971 as my Pansat scans it in as, is the strongest transponder I get on AMC9).

it's strange, those are the ONLY TPs I get on AMC9 nothing else.

I was starting to think that the tree next to the dish was blocking some signal, but I had even stronger on what had to have been nimiq 4, which is looking even more thru the tree.

time to get serious and sell off some other stuff for a new solid dish

I think you have to be right on to get RTN. I have a 12' Orbitron and a Pansat3500 the best I can get is 66% signal 61% quality and the quality level jumps from 61% down to 51% constantly. The 3500 is slaved off my 4DTV 922 receiver and if I move the dish 2 clicks either way quality goes to 36% and picture starts to break up. I have realigned my dish more times than I care to count but the above is the best I can do.

When on the transponders mentioned above the signal is still 66% but quality is 75%, stays steady and I can move the dish several clicks in either direction before quality level starts to drop.

Where you are located may make a difference too. I'm located in northern Nevada

I'm in Michigan. I've got a 9' mesh, with a pansat 2500 slaved to a dsr922.
I was getting about 50% Q or so on the 11845 (or the 11969, forget which). but no channels in them. But those are the only TPs I get. I setup 11735 manually, but get zero quality no matter what I do.
Does RTN show up as 11735 for you?

thats the beauty of fta in my opinion. My kids actually told kids at school about the feeds.

My sons best friend, a 13 year old, came over and watched some feeds and starting asking me all the dish questions. I heard he asked the school principle if he could have the 10 footer outside the school, the principal asked why and he told him for news and sports feeds! lol!!

I bet the principal was in shock!

That is cool if kids can get hobbies that dont revolve with drugs and gangs.

t
My sons best friend, a 13 year old, came over and watched some feeds and starting asking me all the dish questions. I heard he asked the school principle if he could have the 10 footer outside the school, the principal asked why and he told him for news and sports feeds! lol!!

now THATS funny :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts