AMC HD when?????

aonflux

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
Hi guys, any updates on when AMC HD is supposed to arrive? I love their shows Breaking Bad and Mad Men and it's so frustrating having to watch them in SD!:mad: Thanks.

D*** we can't even get the Viacom and we already have another thread on when are we getting such and such? I believe it was asked on the last chat and Chuckles didn't seem too interested. Perhaps he burned his bridges with Rainbow.

S~

Dish Network will have it by the end of the summer or I will go to Comcast, who actually carries it along with MLB Network. Some people aren't too interested in AMC HD and MLB Network HD, but I would definitely keep the premium HD pack if either was in there.

Hi guys, any updates on when AMC HD is supposed to arrive? I love their shows Breaking Bad and Mad Men and it's so frustrating having to watch them in SD!:mad: Thanks.

Latest word is the Rainbow channels will be launching 12/21/2012....we'll see.

Dish Network will have it by the end of the summer or I will go to Comcast, who actually carries it along with MLB Network. Some people aren't too interested in AMC HD and MLB Network HD, but I would definitely keep the premium HD pack if either was in there.

Thanks.

Living in a free standing condo I get AMC HD on Comcrap with my condo fees and let me tell you, it is beautiful. Lots of HD. Much of which used to play on another VOOM Network. Knowing how great the content is, my guess is we will never get it. Be happy with BETJ HD even though it has no HD content. And Soon we just might get MTV HD and BET HD with no HD content.

While it's true that Rainbow/Dish have a bad relationship, at some pointe they will have to sit down and negotiate a new carriage agreement. The contract doesn't last forever.

Anyone know when the contract is up?

Living in a free standing condo I get AMC HD on Comcrap with my condo fees and let me tell you, it is beautiful. Lots of HD. Much of which used to play on another VOOM Network. Knowing how great the content is, my guess is we will never get it. Be happy with BETJ HD even though it has no HD content. And Soon we just might get MTV HD and BET HD with no HD content.

I used to have Comcast 15 months ago and saw Mad Men in HD at that time. It is a beautifully shot series and I really miss seeing it in HD. I much prefer Dish Network to Comcast, but really wish they would get AMC HD.

Much of what plays on AMC (movies) also play on other channels at some time and are in HD, uncensored, and commercial free. When Dish eventually provides us with AMC HD you will still have censored movies riddled with commercials.

I have AMC HD on Cox Cable. They have good movies all the time, but I never watch it because of the constant commercial interruptions. I'll watch TCM in SD instead.

Much of what plays on AMC (movies) also play on other channels at some time and are in HD, uncensored, and commercial free. When Dish eventually provides us with AMC HD you will still have censored movies riddled with commercials.

It used to be a great channel several lifetimes ago. Compared to other channels it seems to be among the worst when it comes to commercials. SciFi is almost as bad sometimes.

I wish they'd just add these two shows in HD to their On Demand system (such as it is). I could care less if the entire AMC channel was available in HD!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)