AMC HD?

Not just old movies; award-winning original series (Mad Men, Breaking Bad) and newer movies, too. If AMC were in HD, I'd drop Starz and kick back up to Silver in a friggin' heartbeat.

Yay hopefully this is right and we also get IFC, FUSE and MSG in HD. Can you scan or take a pic of the page?

Here is the pic!

Attachments

• DEM-November2009.jpg
    DEM-November2009.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 273
It is in HD just not on Dish Network. Portions of that magazine use syndicated features and columns and that's what you are seeing there.

You wont see any Rainbow HD channel on Dish until they settle their lawsuit with Rainbow.

Old movies in HD.. interesting.

Yes, I've seen some of the old movies in HD on HDNET Movies or Cinemax, and it gives them a whole new life. It was great seeing Whatever Happened to Baby Jane in HD, and still in black and white, but it still looked so much better than when the old analog local channels would air it. Of course, there are older movies than that coming out in HD from the studios and some already aired on HDNET Movies or the premiums. HD especially does some justice the the old 1950's "Cinescope" or other older technology cinema technology because these movies were shot with great care had big stars and great vista shots, etc. and were really intended to be seen in the theater on the big screen. They look good on a large screen at home in HD, as well. No joke.

There is hope. Even though Charlie sued Rupert--so to speak--today, as was the case even soon after the lawsuit, even Charlie says that Dish has good relations with FOX. These guys will get past any "bad blood" because it is all about the right price and making money. Dish and Rainbow just have to find a way to get past it and drop all suits, and that could happen if they consider it good business. Often this lawsuits are more about leverage than trying to get a judgment or an award.

It is in HD just not on Dish Network. Portions of that magazine use syndicated features and columns and that's what you are seeing there.

You wont see any Rainbow HD channel on Dish until they settle their lawsuit with Rainbow.

I understand what you are saying and you are almost assuredly correct, but I have to wonder why AMC is listed without the "HD" tag for November 8th and with "HD" after November 15th.

Scott wrote on Multichannel News on his blog Satellite Dish
that Horse Racing Channels are planned to launch on Dish
on November 15th of this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)