AMC on FIOS?

Jano

Original poster
Jul 11, 2006
Currently on a DirecTV TIVO.

I am interested in FIOS TV since I already have FIOS Internet (fiber rules!!), and was checking out the FIOS TV page at verizon.net. I don't see American Movie Classics listed on the channel lineup for North Texas. Does anyone know why not and if/when AMC will be available?

Also, does anyone know if you can use a standalone TIVO with FIOS TV?

AMC, IFC, WE and fuse are all part of Rainbow Media, which is a susidiary of Cablevision. Cablevision and Verizon have been at odds for a while now. I believe Verizon is fighting Cablevision in the courts to get access to their channels (both the above, and several regional sports networks)...no clue how long that will take to resolve, though.

Kaos,

Having never used a standalone Tivo myself, how does it work with FIOS TV? Does the Tivo still have to dial in for a guide? Or does it use the guide from the FIOS receiver? Can you still do things like season pass?

- - Thanks

Jano said:
Kaos,

Having never used a standalone Tivo myself, how does it work with FIOS TV? Does the Tivo still have to dial in for a guide? Or does it use the guide from the FIOS receiver? Can you still do things like season pass?

The SA Tivo uses a IR signal to send channel changes and etc. to the stb. There is a serial input on the Fios stb but I have heard it does not work or has not been activated.

You can have the Tivo dail out for guide info and updates or have it set up to get your info via the internet with a wireless network connection. The Tivo is a full function Tivo and can do all the things that a Directivo can do which I assume that you have or had. It also has Tivo media features which can be used with a wireless network contection. http://www.tivo.com/1.2.13.asp

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)