AMC orders drama pilots from 'Breaking Bad,' 'Nikita' producers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
AMC Networks staying busy...

Source

"AMC has ordered two new drama pilots with sky-high concepts and historical settings from producers of well-known shows.

The first is "Halt & Catch Fire," which depicts the personal computing boom in the 1980s. But instead of being set in all-too-familiar Silicon Valley, the setting is Texas' "Silicon Prairie" (which generally refers to the tech community in the Dallas and Fort Worth suburbs).

Characters will include a fictional visionary, an engineer and a prodigy whose "innovations directly confront the corporate behemoths of the time." The drama is created by Chris Cantwell and Chris Rodgers, with Mark Johnson and Melissa Bernstein ("Breaking Bad") as executive producers.

The second is a Revolutionary War drama called "Turn" that's based on the book "Washington's Spies" by Alexander Rose. It's set in the summer of 1778 and tells the story of New York farmer Abe Woodhull, "who bands together with a group of childhood friends to form The Culper Ring, an unlikely group of spies who turn the tide in America's fight for independence."

"Turn" is written by showrunner Craig Silverstein ("Nikita") and executive produced by Barry Josephson ("Bones").

The projects will contend for series orders against two previously announced projects, Detroit cop drama "Low Winter Sun" and the "Untitled LaGravenese/Tony Goldwyn project," both of which recently completed production.

Halt & Catch Fire, a show about 1980s computer tech community in Dallas doesn't sound all that interesting, but who knows. Seriously, what are they going to talk about give the timeframe...the TRS-80 or Leisuresuit Larry?

Turn sounds like it may be worth giving a viewing or two. We shall see.

Low Winter Sun sounds like it may be a knock-off of Detroit 1-8-7, which woudln't be a bad thing since I liked the show.

The 'untitled' LaGravenese/Tony Goldwyn project has me intrigued simply because I don't know any details...even though it has completed production. Hmmm. IMDb.com says that TV Series "The Unknown" is in post-production so I'll take it this project now has a name. Offhand, I've always enjoyed Tony Goldwyn as an actor. Anyway, IMDb.com lists the first episode as a Horror. Could be interesting.

Thanks for sharing and could be interesting and at least AMC is doing more new shows :)

Thanks for sharing and could be interesting and at least AMC is doing more new shows :)

Two of the shows were in the works, but the other two were recently ordered. Plus, AMC has all that settlement money and is getting twice the price from Dish Network fro the AMC Channels these days. They should be in a good position to produce quality shows able to produce and promote some good shows. We shall see.

I just hope they roll out some high quality stuff.They have done well with at least 4 shows so hopefully they will continue in that direction.

In AMC I trust. Every one of their scripted shows that I've watched (Mad Men, Breaking Bad, The Killing, Hell on Wheels, The Walking Dead) I have found amazingly good even though none of them were in genres I normally watch. And none of them did I start watching when they first aired, except The Walking Dead. I caught up with these series via On Demand and Netflix.

At first glance, the two shows mentioned in the OP wouldn't interest me on their own, but since it's AMC, I'll probably check them out. A gritty crime drama like Low Winter Sun wouldn't ever interest me either, but I'll be setting a timer for it if for no other reason than because Lennie James is in it.

Looking forward to Low Winter Sun, premiere is 8/11.

...but I'll be setting a timer for it if for no other reason than because Lennie James is in it.

Thanks for the reminder...I'll be setting a timer. I really like what AMC is doing with their prime-time lineup. I regularly watch TWD, but I didn't start watching until last summer thanks to the summertime marathons. It was so nice to start at Season 1, Episode 1. :) I've tuned-in to Mad Men, Breaking Bad and Hell on Wheels. I thought they were well-written and well-produced...but I just didn't have time any free time to watch them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts